No Auto-Fielding?

Vikrant

I noticed there is no option to do auto-fielding. That would add more realism to the game. Also, I notice some choppiness between plays, like when fielders are getting ball back to pitcher, etc..my Video Card only has 256MB RAM, it's a GEForce 7900 GS, should I upgrade?

I noticed there is no option to do auto-fielding. That would add more realism to the game. Also, I notice some choppiness between plays, like when fielders are getting ball back to pitcher, etc..my Video Card only has 256MB RAM, it's a GEForce 7900 GS, should I upgrade?

Yea, you could use an upgrade. That graphics card ain't bad, but it's a little on the weak side for today.

I have a GeForce 7600GS with 512 MB RAM and it played 2K9 fine last year (for the two weeks I owned it). Your card is newer (and probably a little more powerful) than mine, so it would probably be OK. I don't know if my card is more powerful than yours because of the extra 256 MB RAM or if it wouldn't make any difference because your card has more processing power than mine.

As for auto-fielding, it is also something I like -- not because I think that it makes the game more realistic, but because I stink at fielding manually. I can't tell you how many games I've lost due to thumb errors when fielding manually.

just answered this question in another post lol U can switch controls to allow the computer to control a fielder closest to the ball, on my controler its set up as my #2 button.Im using a logitech dual action as of today.

sometimes even using this i screw up because u have to be quick at deciding if the other guy is closer or not,ive had balls drop between the outfielders because i misjudged the play when i could have made the catch,this helped out alot last year when they had the outfield bug.

and speaking of the outfield bug i played a game earlier today where the computer controlled outfielder actually dropped the ball that was catchable hehhehe served the computer right after last year lol

Exactly my point, I also suck at fielding. When is 3DO gonna give us another High Heat?

Never - they went defunct in 2003. Last I heard, Microsoft owned the rights to High Heat.

I agree that auto-fielding would be nice to have for those who like to use it, but I don't see how it adds realism.

Archived