Take Two Signs Exclusive Deal With MLBPA-The Deal Is Done

jpup

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EA cant make another game. Hopefully Take Two makes a PC version. If not looks like we will be modding Xbox files. However EA brought it about in buying the NFL license. So maybe if they could just compromise. But I don't think this will happen. I guess we can just hope and pray something does happen soon.

This latest article doesn't mention anything about TakeTwo getting exclusive rights though. Maybe they have, but maybe they haven't. It is possible that TakeTwo purchased the rights to license MLBPA so that EA can't squeeze them out with another exclusive like they did with the NFL.

I think there's a lot of details that are unknown at this time and until the details come out there's a lot of speculation that may or may not be true.

This latest article doesn't mention anything about TakeTwo getting exclusive rights though. Maybe they have, but maybe they haven't. It is possible that TakeTwo purchased the rights to license MLBPA so that EA can't squeeze them out with another exclusive like they did with the NFL.

I think there's a lot of details that are unknown at this time and until the details come out there's a lot of speculation that may or may not be true.

i hope you are right.

I don't think EA will just give up on the MVP Franchise that they have worked so hard to build.

Who knows, maybe if Take2 does have the rights, who's to say they can't make a deal with EA Sports. Maybe in 2006 it will be a partnership between the two companies. Only time will tell.

I don't think EA will just give up on the MVP Franchise that they have worked so hard to build.

Who knows, maybe if Take2 does have the rights, who's to say they can't make a deal with EA Sports. Maybe in 2006 it will be a partnership between the two companies. Only time will tell.

I agree, I find it very hard to beleive that EA is just going to throw in the towel.

I said this in another thread somewhere. All this does is give take 2 the rights to use the players names. Let's just say EA decides to go out and sign an exclusive deal with the MLB. That means take 2 would have all the players names, but the teams names would be Chicago(a), chicago(n), oakland, etc. I don't know about you, but I'd much rather play a game with actual teams and mod a roster than play with real players and fake names. I don't think EA is done with it quite yet. :?

I doubt EA would spend the ton of money it would cost to just buy rights to team names and stadiums..... They can still have that stuff just not player names and with us PC users that really isnt a problem being that everything could be modded....

No where does it say Take Two has an "exclusive" deal (other than in the subject heading). All it says is they struck a deal to begin using player names, and this is big for them since EA took exclusive rights to football. I mean, it cost EA 300 million for 5 years to lock up exclusive rights, and according to this it would be only $80 million for baseball. Doesn't make sense.

No where does it say Take Two has an "exclusive" deal (other than in the subject heading). All it says is they struck a deal to begin using player names, and this is big for them since EA took exclusive rights to football. I mean, it cost EA 300 million for 5 years to lock up exclusive rights, and according to this it would be only $80 million for baseball. Doesn't make sense.

I believe it does in the article below. Similar quotes are on GameStop's web site.

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=22779

There's still a lot of unknowns so it's not completely clear how things will end up.

Sorry to inform you, but this deal already covers that.

It looks to me like that is a separate thing. The players association is different than MLB. It looks to me that MLBAM was granted the rights to both, but that doesn't mean that TakeTwo has been.

I don't know though, it is a confusing thing.

Archived