Your Favorite Candy Bar

I remember making a thread like this a long time ago about what people's favorite kind of cookie was. But after a long weekend of being tied down (in the house) with work, I was heading out today to go pay some bills and it just hit me I hadn't had a candy bar in at least 2 or 3 years. Not only that, I probably haven't had my favorite kind of candy bar even longer than that, just because they're so hard to find around where I live.

But I've got the day off, and I'm going on a mission to see if I can find one. Man, I used to eat one of these (and a Dr. Pepper) every day during the summer as I headed out to play baseball.

Anyway, I thought it'd be fun to see what everyone likes. :clapping:

I'm a sucker for a Snickers, but the old Flake Dipped got me putting on some serious weight in a short space of time. Don't think they make them any more.

Companies should not be allowed to stop making chocolate bars once they start making them!

For me, Mr. Big hands down. It was always like three-times the size of all the others for the same price, how could you go wrong? Crunch, Oh Henry and Coffee Crisp are all close. Snickers, Mars and KitKat following up the rear. Who cares, they've all got sugar, that's why I came, haha.

Just got me thinking about the ones I hated the most. I never got into Crispy Crunch or Butterfingers. Especially the former. There's another one that looks like Three Musketeers, but I'm blanking on the name.

Hey Joe, if you can't find your Zero candy bars, Amazon.com has them.

And Jim is right, the Reggie bar was great. I saw a friend of mine who was a stringbean eat nine of them in one day. By the way Jim, someone is selling an actual Reggie bar on ebay. Believe it or not.

My personal favorites, although I have to avoid them are the Snickers and Heath bar.

Oh my GodI must avoid these..

The Reggie bar actually said "Chocolaty covered caramel and peanuts"? "Chocolaty" I've grown to despise the random use of -y in advertisements here these days, but seeing something from 30 years ago fall victim to this plague to the English language saddens me.

nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

The Reggie bar actually said "Chocolaty covered caramel and peanuts"? "Chocolaty" I've grown to despise the random use of -y in advertisements here these days, but seeing something from 30 years ago fall victim to this plague to the English language saddens me.

chocolaty -- I looked it up on m-w.com. The date is 1926. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chocolaty

How is it any different than cream and creamy ? The date on creamy is 1618.

Some words with the added y is fine, like you said, creamy. Perfect example. Some, however, just don't look right. What about peanuty, marshmallowy or raisiny? You can add a y to damn near anything, get it used a lot then call it a word - that doesn't prevent it from looking damn stupid. :lol:

Some words with the added y is fine, like you said, creamy. Perfect example. Some, however, just don't look right. What about peanuty, marshmallowy or raisiny? You can add a y to damn near anything, get it used a lot then call it a word - that doesn't prevent it from looking damn stupid. :lol:

Most words look stupid if you really think about them.

water is a very common word that looks stupid to me. Add -y to it and it still looks stupid, but it's been in use for a good 1000 years.

Reese's peanut butter cups are my favorite. I also like Snickers and any others that combine chocolate and peanuts.

Is that Simon Cowell on steroids? :D

Archived