Phillies Fans: Just Another Day At The 'Ole Ballpark

THE SCENE: Somewhere in Philadelphia.

THE TIME: Breakfast time.

Let's listen in!!!

LITTLE JOHNNY: Mommy, our school is taking the entire fourth grade class to the Phillies game next Friday afternoon and I just need your permission to go. They are paying for the tickets and all we have to do is bring money for food and drink. Can I go?

JOHNNY'S MOTHER: Why I think that sounds wonderful! How nice of your school to do this! How much money do you think you'll need?

LITTLE JOHNNY: Well, I think $50 will cover it. I need $20 for food and $30 for beer.

JOHNNY'S MOTHER: THIRTY DOLLARS!! I didn't know you were cutting back!

LITTLE JOHNNY: Just this once. I'm going to sit near some kids that can't finish all their beers so I'll save a little money this time.

JOHNNY'S MOTHER: Oh, I was going to say! What if your father heard this? You'd break his heart. Now, don't forget, if you feel sick make sure you look for the closest old lady and upchuck on her and if your bladder is about to burst just pee on the seat next to you so you don't miss any of the action on the field.

LITTLE JOHNNY: Thank you Mommy! I love you! I got to get going now. Bye!

Ah,youth. To be young and a Phillie fan.

I'd just love to know why, that's all.

Just because of the long history of Philadelphia fans and what they have done. Just take this year for example. One idiot getting tasered and one vomiting on a family.

I know all Philadelphia fans are not like this. You don't have to tell me. It is just those fans stick out more than any other of the "bad" fans across the country.

Just because of the long history of Philadelphia fans and what they have done. Just take this year for example. One idiot getting tasered and one vomiting on a family.

I know all Philadelphia fans are not like this. You don't have to tell me. It is just those fans stick out more than any other of the "bad" fans across the country.

Well, the media loves to pour on Philadelphia, so I can see how you think that.

It's not like other teams' fans are any worse...

FatherSon_Hoosiers.jpg

Archived