Is Game Better With Patch

mooch49

the only problem i find that really bothers me is starters only going 5 innings. is the only fix to uninstall patch. i really don't want to do that because i like check swings and overall how the game plays. thanks.

I've seen that complaint on other forums as well. Haven't played enough games myself in my Cubs franchise post-patch, to determine if this is a problem. Had one starting pitcher pulled in the 4th, but I had rocked him for 5 runs on 12 hits.

Have you tried adjusting Pitcher Fatigue under Game Settings? Keep in mind, this affects both Human & CPU.

I've seen that complaint on other forums as well. Haven't ran into that issue myself yet, but I've only played 4-5 games post-patch in my Cubs franchise. Had one starting pitcher pulled in the 4th, but I had rocked him for 5 runs on 12 hits.

Have you tried adjusting Pitcher Fatigue under Game Settings?

well im in the process of doing that now. i just increased it to 70. i assume higher means pitchers don't tire as easily.

that what im trying to figure out to. between mods anyway

okay i may be on to something. increasing stamina DOES NOT make pitchers tire less. i tried 50, 55, 65 and 75, still the AI took out the pitcher in 4th and 5th innings. then i changed it to 25. i faced adam wainwright. he went into the 7th with a little over 120 pitches. i'll play some more games with lesser starters w/ stamina at 25 and see what happens.

what of hit and run numbers are gettig with the new settings

fairly realistic. played my 2nd game with setting at 25 facing randy wells. again went into the 7th with over 120 pitches. he had a 6-1 lead. they did not pinch hit for him the prior inning. i am going to try bumping it up to 30 next. the sweet spot seems to lie between 25-45. once that is figured out, i can concentrate on the relievers cause there were problems with them going multiple innings. perhaps once the cpu takes out the starter, i may need to lower stamina more. we'll keep testing. this would be awesome if this findings are correct. the game is definitely close to be something really special. hopefully, next year 2k will just add some more animations, change the fielding cam, clean up franchise, and other little things. they are def onto something.

okay i may be on to something. increasing stamina DOES NOT make pitchers tire less. i tried 50, 55, 65 and 75, still the AI took out the pitcher in 4th and 5th innings. then i changed it to 25. i faced adam wainwright. he went into the 7th with a little over 120 pitches. i'll play some more games with lesser starters w/ stamina at 25 and see what happens.

Pitchers with 30-45 stamina works fine for me. I faced Zito and he pitched 118 pitches in 8th 1/3 and manager call bullpen with no men on board and scores 4-2 San Francisco over Colorado(me). Probe my Sliders (here), may be help'u.

fairly realistic. played my 2nd game with setting at 25 facing randy wells. again went into the 7th with over 120 pitches. he had a 6-1 lead. they did not pinch hit for him the prior inning. i am going to try bumping it up to 30 next. the sweet spot seems to lie between 25-45. once that is figured out, i can concentrate on the relievers cause there were problems with them going multiple innings. perhaps once the cpu takes out the starter, i may need to lower stamina more. we'll keep testing. this would be awesome if this findings are correct. the game is definitely close to be something really special. hopefully, next year 2k will just add some more animations, change the fielding cam, clean up franchise, and other little things. they are def onto something.

Seems SP is good with this setting. What about relievers? I am worried that this setting would extent RP to 80+ pitches as well...

Is it possible that the Pitcher's Fatigue setting INCREASES fatigue rates the heigher the value is? Those who have a low value seem to have pitchers go deep into games, whereas the heigher PF value seem to cause pitchers to get the hook early. Just a thought...it wouldn't be unprecedented for the settings to be unituitive, like the entire menue system.

Is it possible that the Pitcher's Fatigue setting INCREASES fatigue rates the heigher the value is? Those who have a low value seem to have pitchers go deep into games, whereas the heigher PF value seem to cause pitchers to get the hook early. Just a thought...it wouldn't be unprecedented for the settings to be unituitive, like the entire menue system.

still think the arms of the outfielders are too strong and its a pain to adjust the damn cameras over and over again. but it is a little better

Archived