Dodger Stadium (1960s/1970s Version)

dennisjames71

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Dodger Stadium (1960s/1970s Version)

File Submitter: dennisjames71

File Submitted: 20 Aug 2010

File Category: Stadiums

Version: 1.0

Here a "plainer" Dodger Stadium that you can use for the 1964 - 1988 TC Mods. I only added the basic Union 76 and a Farmer John ad throughout the stadium. The wall color is more realistic for the 60s & 70s era.

Day & Night versions included.

Enjoy!!

Click here to download this file

Thank you very much! This will be a very nice addition to my classic season mods. Can I have your permission to include the stadium in future mods I create (or updates to existing mods I've already released)?

Besides Shea Stadium, Dodger Stadium was about the only other stadium that did not have a classic version created. If you ever feel like taking it on, I'd love to see a version of Shea Stadium from the same 60's / 70's time period.

Hey, are you kidding Jim? Lol! Absolutely, you can use these updates for anything you want. I appreciate you asking but I feel that I should be thanking you every day for the phenomenal work you’ve done with these TC Mods. Since discovering these mods, this past spring, I’ve found myself playing these mods equally as much as the modern game. This 1974 one has been a blast for sure.

I just thought that these stadiums (Dodger & Busch) I changed had a little more of a “vintage feel” to it and I would be glad to mod a 70s Shea Stadium too. I going to try and hunt down (on the internet / fingers-crossed) some decent color photos of Shea Stadium in the 1970s and hopefully find some for guidance. I plan to do some slight updates to the Oakland Stadium as well. Thanks so much for the positive feedback (especially from a legend)! :good:

Thank you very much! This will be a very nice addition to my classic season mods. Can I have your permission to include the stadium in future mods I create (or updates to existing mods I've already released)?

Besides Shea Stadium, Dodger Stadium was about the only other stadium that did not have a classic version created. If you ever feel like taking it on, I'd love to see a version of Shea Stadium from the same 60's / 70's time period.

Hey that's pretty awesome work Y4L...funny too. You know, I heard you were the baseball photo guru and had a huge collection. Would you happen to know if you have any "inside the stadium" photos of Shea Stadium and Oakland Colliseum during the 1970s? After I wrote my post above, I immediately thought of you and your photo collection. I'm having a headache of a time trying to find anything decent on the internet so far. I want to do a 70s version of these two stadiums and want to get some authenticity in there. Thanks a ton for any help or any hints of where to find these kinds of photos.

churchsignw.jpg

Hey I appreciate it Y4L. I know it’s kind of a tall order but there are not a lot of options via the internet. It’s almost too bad that there wasn’t the phone/digital camera technology back then…there would probably be thousands of pics to choose from. I could almost kick myself for not buying this History of Baseball Stadiums coffee table book in Barnes & Noble last summer. The damn thing was a “bargain” book for only $12.98 (was $55 originally) I think, and it was loaded with photos. Of course I put it off, thinking it would be there again and now I haven’t seen it since. :facepalm:

Dennis, I don't know if I have any photos of Shea and the Oakland Coliseum from the 1970's but I sure will do my best to look.

Hey Jim that website's really useful...this definitely gives me a baseline to work with. It looks like throughout the 60s and 70s that Shea Stadium had dark green walls (instead of the dark blue starting in the 1980s). And I got the Longines watch logo, RC Cola, Plymouth among others that I can use. I wonder what was the "official beer" of the Mets during the 70s. This definitely gives me something to work with; thanks a lot. After I get this one done, I'll plan to convert this stadium for the Yankees since I had forgotten that thet had to play at Shea for the 1974 & 1975 season. This ought to be pretty fun to do.

Dennis - Here's a link that includes some 1960's / 70's pictures of Shea Stadium: http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15149&page=1

There may be some things you can use.

There may also be some in this thread on baseball-fever.com: http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?61224-Shea-Stadium

Hey Y4L thanks a ton for looking. This Baseball Fever site has been a surprise since I've never seen it before. So this is great...something good came out of this search. Stay tuned for a couple versions of 70s Shea...coming this week. :popcorn:

You can easily get lost on that website because they have a lot of good photos. Thanks for the upcoming Shea Stadium too.

After I get this one done, I'll plan to convert this stadium for the Yankees since I had forgotten that they had to play at Shea for the 1974 & 1975 season. This ought to be pretty fun to do.

I had forgotten about that too. I may need to post an update to TC1974 once you are done to include all of your updated stadiums, as well as one or two other small tweaks.

Archived