Shibe Park (1920s version)

dennisjames71

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Shibe Park (1920s version)

File Submitter: dennisjames71

File Submitted: 23 Nov 2010

File Category: Stadiums

Version: 1.0

I know that, historically the 1920s Shibe Park did not have ads in the stadium for the most part. But I went ahead and added vintage 1920s advertisements to the re-colored Shibe Park that originally came with the game and it looks more interesting to play in. This is primarily for use with the TC 1927 Mod. I hope all us Total Classics junkies enjoy the stadium. :good:

Copy the .TXT file to your /data folder for proper data/collision info.

Click here to download this file

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis...you need what we call Mods Anonymous. Dear Jeebus how many mods, dynasties and activities CAN YOU DO!? First off you throw out stadiums like candy, then you run (last count) 6 dynasties (albeit 3 are fake) AND still be a first-class guy on this website. Can we clone you and DylanBradbury and have a utopia here at MVPMods? :D

Well fortunately I do have some downtime between contributions to the site as we see here:

Sims2ep92010-11-1800-03-57-31.jpg

Seriously, thanks man...I've said this time and again from the time I joined the site earlier this year: the community of this site is what keeps me hooked and motivated to contribute. Over the year, there have been great examples of guys that have done tremendous work and also motivated me as well and most of all just cool guys to be around here. To be mentioned in the same sentence as Dylan is definitely a good thing...thanks again SSX. :drinks:

Can we clone you and DylanBradbury and have a utopia here at MVPMods? :D

That's a very nice compliment, SeveredSoul. Thank-you.

To be mentioned in the same sentence as Dylan is definitely a good thing...thanks again SSX.

Right back at you Dennis! You've pretty much single-handedly kept MVP alive. Thanks for all your contributions.

Well fortunately I do have some downtime between contributions to the site as we see here:

Is that a vintage 1970's era San Diego Padres jersey you are wearing? :D

It's sad that you are drinking alone, but that's the price we modders pay to keep the people satisfied.....

Thanks for another great stadium mod! :good:

Good stuff Dennis.

This is similar to the only stadium mod I ever did. I never upped it though. It's been a while, so I could be slightly off in my memory, but I think I took the ads out (in RF), which was a pain, because no matter what I did there was always a visible line showing where the edge of the original ad was (either the top or bottom, but I can't remember). Plus, the ads I used in LF were from someone else's mod, and I didn't have permission to use them, so I just kept it for myself. I originally took them out as well (going for the more realistic no ad look of the day that you mentioned in your description), but was having issues there as well. I can't remember what the problem was ( maybe big black boxes where the ad was originally, or something strange like that), and I couldn't figure it out. Maybe it was because I wasn't that experienced in MVP modding, or whatever, but it was easier to just use more time specific ads and leave them in there.

I found that most of the Shibe park/Connie Mack Stadium mods where more Philly era mods. I wanted something for the all time mod I was working on to have an older looking A's era stadium for the A's to play in.

Since I have moved on from MVP, none of it is likely to ever see the light of day anymore, but anyway...

Lol! Yeah, I think I should have spent more time dressing my sim in better colors than the putrid 70s Padres gear. Actually, just moments before this shot I was talking with an attractive young lady but after I told her I like to mod baseball video games, her eyes glassed over and she went to the restroom. Funny...she never showed up again for some reason. :unknw:

Is that a vintage 1970's era San Diego Padres jersey you are wearing? :D

It's sad that you are drinking alone, but that's the price we modders pay to keep the people satisfied.....

Thanks for another great stadium mod! :good:

I completely agree with you. Sometimes it's more difficult to try and remove ads than simply recovering/re-texturizing the material. I've had limited success trying to do simple things like removing components in Z-Mod. Thanks for your insight, this is good stuff to know for the future.

Good stuff Dennis.

This is similar to the only stadium mod I ever did. I never upped it though. It's been a while, so I could be slightly off in my memory, but I think I took the ads out (in RF), which was a pain, because no matter what I did there was always a visible line showing where the edge of the original ad was (either the top or bottom, but I can't remember). Plus, the ads I used in LF were from someone else's mod, and I didn't have permission to use them, so I just kept it for myself. I originally took them out as well (going for the more realistic no ad look of the day that you mentioned in your description), but was having issues there as well. I can't remember what the problem was ( maybe big black boxes where the ad was originally, or something strange like that), and I couldn't figure it out. Maybe it was because I wasn't that experienced in MVP modding, or whatever, but it was easier to just use more time specific ads and leave them in there.

I found that most of the Shibe park/Connie Mack Stadium mods where more Philly era mods. I wanted something for the all time mod I was working on to have an older looking A's era stadium for the A's to play in.

Since I have moved on from MVP, none of it is likely to ever see the light of day anymore, but anyway...

Archived