Hh 2004 Installation Problem

blueduke

I'm relatively new to pc gaming (always played on consoles) and am having a problem I hope someone more knowledgeable than I can help me with. Bought HH 2004 for my pc and for some reason can't install it. I get a message saying "Setup has determined that your system has only 4GB of memory. The minimum requirement is 64MB. The game may become unstable, run very slowly, or possibly not load at all." WTF????? Anyone have any suggestions? Here are my system specs that should easily run this game:

AMD Anthlon II Dual Core M300 Processor 2 Ghz

RAM 4 GB

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 video card

Windows 7 64-bit OS

hope someone can help

I'm relatively new to pc gaming (always played on consoles) and am having a problem I hope someone more knowledgeable than I can help me with. Bought HH 2004 for my pc and for some reason can't install it. I get a message saying "Setup has determined that your system has only 4GB of memory. The minimum requirement is 64MB. The game may become unstable, run very slowly, or possibly not load at all." WTF????? Anyone have any suggestions? Here are my system specs that should easily run this game:

RAM 4 GB

Windows 7 64-bit OS

hope someone can help

I was running high heat 2003 on Windows 7 without a problem. I think Windows 7 and HH 2004 is your issue. Did you try going into the properties of setup.exe for HH2004, choosing compaibility mode using Windows XP SP3 and see if that lets the installer run?

RAM 4 GB

Windows 7 64-bit OS

hope someone can help

When HH2004 was released, Windows XP was the latest operating system available. Seeing how HH2004 is now a 7 year old game, I'm guessing that it is not supported by Windows 7. I Googled "High Heat 2004" and "Windows 7" and found that you are not alone with your question. When you get the message, ignore it and allow the game to install.

If you start the game and get an error message telling you to insert the disk, read through the following and see if it helps: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistagaming/thread/b4316042-f906-4354-9505-cc21c7a9c7b0

Good luck.

I was a big fan of High Heat before I jumped on the MVP bandwagon. After playing Triple Play 98, 99 and 2000, I switched over to High Heat 2001. My PC couldn't handle High Heat 2002, but after I got a new one, I played High Heat 2003 and 2004. I overlapped with MVP2004 and then moved onto MVP2005.

As for the Nobel Prize, if it means I get the $1.4 million in prize money, I'll gladly take it! ;)

Thats the kind of people we have here at MVPMods, does the googling for you and gets an answer on a game he probably has no interest in.

Jim825 you sir need a nobel prize in my opinion.:drinks:

Are you insinuating I was too lazy to do research? Really? I've already tried the things suggested and they didn't work. That's why I posted here. I've tried this forum and several others however this is the only one that insulted me. Thanks for nothing

Are you insinuating I was too lazy to do research? Really? I've already tried the things suggested and they didn't work. That's why I posted here. I've tried this forum and several others however this is the only one that insulted me. Thanks for nothing

I don't think Redeck was insinuating that at all. Redeck, from what I've encountered on this board, is a class act. He just wouldn't do that.

I think he was just complimenting Jim for helping you out.

I don't think Redeck was insinuating that at all. Redeck, from what I've encountered on this board, is a class act. He just wouldn't do that.

I think he was just complimenting Jim for helping you out.

Thats what I got out of it too. I was going to post it but Dylan beat me to it. :)

He pays me a compliment and you consider that an insult to you? Did he say you were too lazy to search on your own? No. Did he say anything at all about you? No. I think you misread his message and jumped to the wrong conclusion.

If I wanted, I could be insulted. I took the time to search for an answer for you and didn't get so much as a "thanks for looking but I've already found that information." I'm not like that, however.....

He pays me a compliment and you consider that an insult to you? Did he say you were too lazy to search on your own? No. Did he say anything at all about you? No. I think you misread his message and jumped to the wrong conclusion.

If I wanted, I could be insulted. I took the time to search for an answer for you and didn't get so much as a "thanks for looking but I've already found that information." I'm not like that, however.....

To "pay you a compliment" was it necessary to suggest one "googled for me" about a game he "has no interest in"? That's a unique way of saying "nice work, Jim", no? Btw, a belated thanks for your help

Yeah, seems you're the only one who took issue with it my friend. But you're free to take it any way you want I guess. It's your life....

I have installed it on a friends PC on windows 7, and Jim's advice was pretty spot on. Now, I didn't click the link he gave for taking care of the "insert disc" error, but I already know how to take care of that, and assume it was the same.

Archived