Thinking About Buying

BruisedbyBlue

Ive been thinking about picking this up for the PC since its only $29.99 at my local gamestop and I just built my new computer so I need something to play. Just curious on if there are a bunch of bugs that make the game unplayable which is normally the case with 2K. I havent purchased a MLB 2k game since MLB 2k6 and have been playing the Show since then. I love what you guys come up with when modding the game so thats what interests me as well. I doubt I play the game online much due to the diminishing numbers of PC gamers.

Any insight you guys can give me is appreciated

I would definitely say to pick it up for your new PC. I liked 2k10 on the PC pretty well last year; but this year’s is much better out of the box. I picked it up last Thursday but finally got to play it on Friday. So far, there are not any glaring issues that are bugging me…there are definitely errors in the <on-field> game and I think that fielding is much better this year and I personally love the analog pitching. No doubt The Show 11 is an astounding game…I got a chance to play that thing in 3D on a Sony 3D TV in Best Buy and my jaw was dropped the whole time…never seen anything like it in my life. But for $30 (plus with your new PC)…I think it is a great buy for a very good game this year. I’m enjoying it…<my two cents>

I got 2k11 for the PC two days ago. Great price, okay game if you're not a baseball purist. Looks very nice, hitting/ball physics are terrific. The CPU A.I. is terrible, and the fielding and base running animations are as bad as ever. But if you can forgive those problems, and if you just like to knock the baseball around and have a bit of fun, it's a worthwhile pickup.

I should add: I had an issue when I first fired up the game -- it kept crashing during the first inning of every game. I haven't had any issues with any of the games I have on my PC, so naturally I thought it was a typical 2K bug issue. But this morning I fooled around with the graphics settings and I must have changed the right combo of settings because the game works fine now.

• 2 weeks later...

Question:

How different is 2k11 from 2k10? Did they fix the glaring issues (like a gazillion pickoffs to 2nd base, and the retarded baserunning, and retarded fielding controls, and did I mention the pickoffs to 2nd, pickoffs to 2nd, pickoffs to 2nd, pickoffs to 2nd, evil soul-devouring pickoffs to 2nd of evil?)

I don't have a third of the free time I had last year for playing/modding/funny write-ups, and the early reports of uni modding being much more difficult (as if the old ones weren't already a good Saturday per shirt) make me wary of upgrading.

The money I don't care about; from those of you who've played, is the gameplay enough of an upgrade to warrant an upgrade, as opposed to sticking with the one that already has all my really cool mods?

Question:

How different is 2k11 from 2k10? Did they fix the glaring issues (like a gazillion pickoffs to 2nd base, and the retarded baserunning, and retarded fielding controls, and did I mention the pickoffs to 2nd, pickoffs to 2nd, pickoffs to 2nd, pickoffs to 2nd, evil soul-devouring pickoffs to 2nd of evil?)

I don't have a third of the free time I had last year for playing/modding/funny write-ups, and the early reports of uni modding being much more difficult (as if the old ones weren't already a good Saturday per shirt) make me wary of upgrading.

The money I don't care about; from those of you who've played, is the gameplay enough of an upgrade to warrant an upgrade, as opposed to sticking with the one that already has all my really cool mods?

The pickoffs annoyed the crap out of me last year, too, and they are much more realistic this year.

Errors are definitely in the game, but I'm still not a huge fan of the fielding. Still a little too automatic for me when fielding the ball (the throw meter is a nice challenge this year, however).

Baserunning is about the same, though stealing bases seems more realistic.

The area that I see the most improvement is hit variety and the "ability to hit the ball where it's pitched", which I don't think was in the game last year.

I think it's the worth the upgrade for the gameplay improvements. I have a lot more fun playing 2k11 than I did playing 2k10.

now that ive had the game a while for the PC id say yes it is worth the money i spent.Modding the unis are a lil more frustrating than previous years as im finding u have to save some files thru paint.net then load those onto photoshop and then save the files again which is a pain.The one area i wish we had more control over is the names on the back of the unis.Gameplay itself has been good so far,the only thing im not getting like i did last year is short animations from the infielders throing to first on a close bang bang play.Actually the only animation i have been getting is when im stealing.Im not sure if its beacuse i have quick play on,but last year even with that i still had animations.There are injuries but u really need to change the sliders to how often the injuries occur.If its set too high there are constant injuries.I havnt played enough to see all the problems yet.I havnt simulated a season to see if they have the roster problems like last year when u get to the june draft.Once i get done with my usual uni mods then ill actually sit and play the game.This year im not doing a roster as it just takes too much time and frustrations with all the roster moves,but as i said it has been worth the money spent and maybe if 2k keep improving on all areas then we should have a great game ,as this year is finally a good start

Archived