Base Up! Rosters

Gordo

Hey Gents.... been working on these for weeks now and came up with an on-the-fly contact and power adjustment system since I had planned on going through and adjusting most every MLB'er. At present, 14 teams are done, with the emphasis on these attributes along with proper pitches and speeds as I could best detect via the well known statistical sites (60ft 6in; fangraphs, etc.). Currently, I have not paid any attention to proper uniform numbers, nor photo/audio ID. However, with these based on hiheat's great conversion rosters from last year, I don't think there will be a problem and so far I've had no in-game (nor 1 online game) crashes. The current list of complete teams are:

• Arizona Diamondbacks

• Atlanta Braves

• Chicago White Sox

• Cleveland Indians

• Colorado Rockies

• Detroit Tigers

• Kansas City Royals

• Los Angeles Dodgers

• Minnesota Twins

• Philadelphia Phillies

• San Diego Padres

• San Francisco Giants

• Seattle Mariners

• Texas Rangers

There is currently a need for a stamina lift for ATL's LRP, otherwise there should be good consistency across these teams. In sum, the power and contact numbers take into account players avg. and slg % for the past 5 seasons, if they've played that long as compared to their splits from last year. You should see some significant adjustments for some players on these teams. It's still a work in-progress, but I thought I'd release an alpha set here for guys who may want to take a look and maybe even test. The rosters are balanced for play, though you may see duplicates since I'm importing teams as I complete them to a "playable" roster. Again, the emphasis will be on the majors. I'm hoping to get 2 more teams done through tomorrow and then go back and work in some 40-man roster guys as well. The .mbe file is included in the zip.

Here's a little video preview captured during testing the Giants vs. the Mariners!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsUNd5kX3pw

baseuplogohorizontal.jpg

2011 Base Up TEST rosters 14 teams.zip

I'd like to, but the amount of time it would take to make sure it doesn't crash someone's system (especially Xbox) is too daunting, considering the amount of time I"ve already put in. I should be releasing another preview file later today which should take me up to 22 teams.

Of course if someone wants to take on the file to make it standard.... I got no qualms about that at all.

Horrible week at work, plus planning on going away cut into my time to finish the first phase, but wanted to post what was done to this point. 21 teams. Had some help with pitchers numbers recently so it should go quicker once I'm back in town this weekend:

8 Arizona Diamondbacks

17 Chicago Cubs

19 Florida Marlins

3 Philadelphia Phillies

4 Texas Rangers

7 Chicago White Sox

5 Detroit Tigers

10 Los Angeles Dodgers

14 Atlanta Braves

18 Cincinnati Reds

20 Houston Astros

1 Minnesota Twins

11 San Diego Padres

15 Baltimore Orioles

6 Cleveland Indians

2 Kansas City Royals

12 San Francisco Giants

16 Boston Red Sox

9 Colorado Rockies

21 Los Angeles Angels

13 Seattle Mariners

2011 TEST rosters 21 teams.zip

Thanks. Just got back into town and finished the Brewers tonight. Yes, the 08 mod, plus anything new along the way that seemed to my taste is what I use. I'm also using Kado's great classic pitching (no meter) mod and I've been experimenting with certain MVP level sliders and adjusting along the way. I've also decided to switch to the #3 batting view and the 6/3 pitch view where as previously everything was straight on view 1. I did this in part because after awhile, I wasn't striking out much at all, even with pitch speed maxed out. I'm also keeping up with the daily moves and season ending injuries.

Here's today's box score from a test game between the last 2 teams I've modified (Angels & Brewers). What I like about it the most is the realistic pitch counts I'm getting. I played as the Angels. It was quite a game.

angels brew test.zip

Update: All teams are basically completed with updated attributes for pitchers and players as well as opening day lineups. However, I will now go back and check cyberfaces as well as updating players who have seen major league club action if it appears warranted. Should have something out this week.

Update: All teams are basically completed with updated attributes for pitchers and players as well as opening day lineups. However, I will now go back and check cyberfaces as well as updating players who have seen major league club action if it appears warranted. Should have something out this week.

I like your attention to detail. Thank you.

Go ahead, man, you have our support ... I can not wait next week and a new roster.....

Thank you for your hard work on this. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

can u at least put the right cyberface numbers on the players?? cause i went through your rosters and they were all messed up is it because its a base roster??? thanx

See this is why others struggle with you at times. My post just above refers to cyberfaces and my plans. Additionally you said you went thru the rosters, but did you offer to help with corrections in any way? I am in the process of finishing these rosters. If you want to assist in checking for accuracy AFTER they are out, that would be great.

UPDATE: Ok... I have the rosters as I want them and corrected ALL jersey numbers according to ESPN. Now it's just a matter of the cyberfaces getting corrected. I found a bunch on the Marlins that were out of whack as well as correcting for jogar's Stanton face. Just had a great in season test game for the Phils/Astros. 2-1 final thanks to a Francisco solo shot late in the game. Hallladay only K'd 6 and gave up 8 hits. Lee took him to the RF foul pole earlier on! Only Astros run came on a misfire on a pickoff throw to 1st. I also simmed an entire season with no crash. You can also enter the roster management area without being prompted to correct any teams on exit. Yes, this is all after Homer's cybers and Jogar's recent update installed.

Anyone wanna help me scour the rest of the teams? I'm pretty much confident that the Phils, Marlins and the AL Central are all good. If so....shoot me your email addy (PM).

Archived