Mvp Ryan Braun Tests Positive For Peds

baseballfans

Braun also requested that the 2nd test was done immediately to see if it is true and the 2nd test came out negative

The second sample was tested by Braun's camp. This is the specific line from the story that you left out "That second test, using a different sample that was tested by Braun's camp, the source said, was not positive."

Not saying he is guilty or innocent but of course Braun's camp is going to say the sample they tested is clean.

However, MLB asked the World Anti-Doping Agency lab in Montreal, which conducts its testing, to perform a secondary test to determine whether the testosterone spike resulted from natural variations within Braun's body or from an artificial source. The test indicated the testosterone was exogenous, meaning it came from outside his body.

I don't think Braun is obviously on PEDs. He does look relatively the same since 2005. Here's a picture of Braun from Spring 2005 and the other picture is of Braun from the 2011 NLDS. It's not like Bonds. Bonds was a PED junkie from accounts though. If Braun is on PEDs he's using it in moderation. I think Braun is innocent but the truth will come out in the arbitration hearing. Too bad nobody comments during litigation anymore. The silence isn't helping Braun.

post-15844-0-83353600-1323747484_thumb.j

Matt Kemp REALLY deserves the MVP than.

If Braun's suspension is upheld, and Kemp has another stellar season (at least post similar stats), I believe the writers will vote Kemp as MVP to make up for it in 2011. I don't think Kemp has to be above and beyond the best player. He could be top 3 and the writers would give Kemp the MVP.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been reading about this on the internet. It's a rumor that Ryan Braun has genital herpes. Some are claiming that this herpes medication actually could lower testosterone. Maybe Braun has been cheating and balancing his herpes medication with PEDs that gets his testosterone levels at a normal level. Perhaps he forgot to take his herpes medication but still used a performance enhancing drugs during the playoffs.

I feel sorry for Ryan Braun. This off season has exposed his clean cut image as either being a cheater or a guy who has herpes (or worse, both).

Archived