Classic Controls - Where Are They? Deja Vu

Hollywood70

This is the third year in a row I've had to ask this same question regarding how to enable classic controls. In 2K10, they left them out and they had to be patched in. In 2K11 they were cleverly hidden, as illustrated in this thread: https://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281573 .

This year, I can't firgure out where the heck they are, if they are there at all. Not the same method to enable as 2K11. Bummed.

I would like to know if I can change the pitching type to Total Control mode on the keyboard...

My only advice is to go to the same screen mentinoned by the others above, except on keyboard control mode, select "swing" and start trying various keys until you see what you need. I would start with the 4 key. Sorry can't be more help, but good luck! I am also a big time "classic" guy.

So you essentially have to swing TWICE to NOT swing?? Ooff. Also, are there separate control for offense/defense/pitching this year?

Not sure what you mean about offense/defense/pitching.. They are the way they've been in the past. Regarding the check swing - it's flawed enough to really not bother with unless you a positive you are going to miss a pitch and it makes no difference so why not try to check it. Otherwise, the better advice is to just not swing.

MVP and The Show offer individually assignments for commands on batting vs. defense vs. pitching. IOW, the same button I may use to swing I HAVE TO use for, say, diving on defense with 2K....there is no individual assigning to how you would like the configuration. Additionally, check swinging is a critical part of the game. I'm not sure how The Show is doing it this year, but MVP's is terrific. If there is no custom button configuration and/or check swinging, I can't see giving this a look as in the past.

Much to my amazement, I found it. Similar to last year, go to Go to options/mycontroller/control setup/scroll down to swing/.. But this time hit the 4 key on your keyboard to get to the menu.

thanks for the info..this really helps a lot..