BaseUp Rosters Phase 1 25-Man

Gordo

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: BaseUp Rosters Phase 1 25-Man

File Submitter: daflyboys

File Submitted: 17 Apr 2012

File Category: Rosters

Version: 1.0

See the included .rtf file for make-up of this roster set.

Do not ask about individual faces not looking correct until you've checked what you've installed and if numbers match up.

Use the thread for support / questions.

Plan:  Phase 2 ~ 40 man rosters.

Click here to download this file

Hey thanks for your hard work as usual. This is certainly not an easy task. The Phillies 25-man roster has some significant issues, though:

-Ryan Howard is out until at least the AS Break, probably longer with his Achilles injury

-Chase Utley (he is out for quite a few months with degenerative knees)

-Freddy Galvis (on your LHV roster) is the Phillies starting 2B for the next few months

-Jose Contreras is back on the 25-man roster

-Joel Pinerio was signed by Baltimore

-Pete Orr is the Phillies backup 2B (on LHV)

-Michael Martinez is not on the Phillies yet this season- I beleive he is injured and hasn't played a game yet

-Laynce Nix is currently on the Phils (unfortunately)

Let me know if you want me to knock out the Phils' minor league rosters also and send you back a copy of the mbe file with those fixes.

I don't think you're looking at the correct roster set. As far as the Phillies go, this set:

*does have Ryan Howard because he is listed on the MLB injury page as "

Possibly late May or early June"

(players on this set are included on the squad as long as they are slated to return by the All-Star break)

*does not have Utley since it is projected he will be out longer

*does have Galvis as the starting 2B

*does have Contreras in the pen

*keeps Orr in the minors

*keeps Martinez in the minors since he was not necessarily going to win the starting position outright

*does have Nix on the 25 man squad

*I did miss Pineiro getting signed by Baltimore and can corrected for the next Phase

This is and has been primarily a major league focused roster set and the next phase will focus on 40 man rosters.... I will probably also start making batting attribute adjustments for significant change needs. thx

Thanks- I should've known better...I wasn't paying attention and simply put them in the Data folder instead of Database folder. Not sure how I missed that- just rushing I guess. Like I said- I should've known better- your rosters are always good. Rosters have to be the biggest pain in the ***- great job.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the moves and debuts for sure. I started getting into 40 man rosters, but it was simply taking too long and honestly, many of the players never make it to the bigs. I am changing attributes to some degree, but not extensively. I am looking at those players who have played so far in the bigs and seeing if their contact/power numbers seem legit. Usually they don't so I have upped quite a few of those types of guys. Same for pitchers. When they come up, there is some data to grab onto via pitch f/x and many fringe type pitchers get speed bumps and control bumps if warranted.

I'll be adjusting certain prominent Phillies players down, for example, like Rollins, Mayberry. Halliday's speed will come down some and will also reflect pitch f/x not really showing him throwing much in the way of a straight fastball this year. So his FB will actually be his splitter as best I can reproduce it. Only 1 changeup pitch thrown so far. Pretty significantly different from last year:

Type.......Count......Selection......Velocity

FC ..........301...........47.6%...........88.9

CU...........146...........23.1%...........76.5

FS...........101...........16.0%............82.4

FT.............84.............13.3%..........90.4

Also, you'll see lots of team ranking changes like the Cardinals as the #1 batting team thus far and Miami the #4 team overall.

I'm always open to suggestions that are reasonable and in keeping with the existing attributes. Unfortunately the typical critiques have included people who can't get the roster to work in game (usually because the cyberfaces aren't installed properly) or some homer thing, like they believe a certain player should have high 90's contact and power because they just think so.