Oriole Park WIP

The Big O

I finally got the game today and made a few discoveries

The base coordinates should be the same for the stadiums. This will help the OEdit process, (especially because I wrote down all the coordinates for the ads for my 2004 mod) I also noticed that the bitmaps were mapped the same in some situations and different in others. In Oriole Park I now have more verteces to work with. Some bitmaps have been added while others have been deleted.

There is now an option to choose the mow pattern you want in the stadium, under "View info on the stadium selection screen - thus there are three different field.fsh files that need to be modified if you are getting rid of logos or modifing the dirt texture - as Oriole Park is concerned anyway.

I will post screens so that people can follow my progress. It took me until June last year to come up with a somewhat finished product but I hopefully will be able to release a version before Opening Day. Back to modding! :D

I spotted a error Big O.

On the out-of-town scoreboard it says Montreal (MON) is playing San Diego (SD).

Whoops.

Otherwise, really cool.

Thanks for catching that. Yeah since I used the scoreboard graphic from last year it still showed the Expos playing the Padres. I just changed it to the Braves playing the Padres.

More progress due to the Governor giving me a snow day. Day version is just about done. I have to edit the other field.fshs and .o's. You can see screenshots here.(Warning for 56K users - big pics!)

I hopefully will start on the night version sometime this week if not early next week. My fiancee has a birthday coming up so I'm not sure how much time I can devote to this. Time to rest - I don't think the Gov will give me two days off! :lol:

Update: Day version is now complete and night version is 99% done for my first release. I have to tweak a few things but you can see my progress on the night version here. As you may notice I tried to give the crowd a little more of the hometown flavor... :)

I am going to be out of town for the next few days so I plan on a release early next week, then it is on to Fenway.

Question: Does the bearded fan have a orange shirt in EVERY STADIUM now though?

Nope the crowd has its own .fsh file for each stadium meaning you can create custom fans to include with each stadium. That orange sweatshirt just seemed to fit that guy. I wouldn't want to mess with him after an O's loss! :lol:

Nope the crowd has its own .fsh file for each stadium meaning you can create custom fans to include with each stadium. That orange sweatshirt just seemed to fit that guy. I wouldn't want to mess with him after an O's loss! :lol:

For some reason every time I look at that guy I can only think of one thing: Wild Bill Hagy.

• 5 weeks later...

Well I've done a little work on v.2.0 er. v2.0a - it seems the brick wall didn't really register with O's players so it will now be covered by padding by the next homestand( I spent quite some time to add the brick before this announcement :roll:) Anyway, I also added my own version of the new message board on the CF scoreboard, added a new scoreboard graphic, cleaned up the Verizon ad and added the ads to the O's dugout. I'm still looking for pics (see this thread) so I can make this look even better. You can see my progress here.

Archived