1915 Question

Ray-Vigo

When I was playing the Total Classics 1915 mod tonight, I noticed that whenever I tried to play as NY Giants at home against St Louis Cardinals, I got the modern SF ballpark and not the Polo Grounds. Is this a bug in the mod, or is there just something wrong with mine? When I play as NY Giants against others, I get the Polo Grounds. But for some reason when I play the Cardinals at home, I get the modern SF park.

Ray,

That is extremely odd that you would get the modern Giants stadium only with those team pairings. I just don't know how that's possible since I replaced the modern SF stadium with the Polo Grounds. One possibility is that if you chose a NIGHT game, it might show an unchanged modern and night stadium. From what I remember, I only replaced the day stadiums with my 1915 stadiums since there were obviously no night games in 1915. I also believe that when Dylan made the schedule, he scheduled only day games if you happen to be playing a season/dynasty. Double-check and make sure you are selecting a "DAY" stadium at the Stadium Select Screen and see how that goes for you.

Dennis

By the way, I love this mod. I like there being few home runs and more focus on plays/consistency. One of my gripes about computer/console baseball games is they often have too many homeruns to draw in the arcade crowd. I like the old style stadiums, uniforms, and the gameplay a lot.

By the way, I love this mod. I like there being few home runs and more focus on plays/consistency. One of my gripes about computer/console baseball games is they often have too many homeruns to draw in the arcade crowd. I like the old style stadiums, uniforms, and the gameplay a lot.

It is a great mod and if you like what is in this you will love the different versions of the 1927 mod that we have on the site.

• 3 weeks later...

When playing dynasty I should enable 'use default rosters', correct? This would force the computer to use the 1915 players? I had one season where like 10 games in the opposing team suddenly had generic cpu-generated players. I'm guessing the 'use default' will prevent that?

Also when I was playing as the Senators I had a game at Shibe Park vs the As and noticed the crowd figures were 1970s era. Is this a bug or something I've done wrong with the game? Everything else is working fine. The crowd is a minor thing anyway.

When playing dynasty I should enable 'use default rosters', correct? This would force the computer to use the 1915 players? I had one season where like 10 games in the opposing team suddenly had generic cpu-generated players. I'm guessing the 'use default' will prevent that?

I believe the default rosters for the 1915 mod are just the rosters for 1915. There should be no other rosters loaded in that mod because this is a mod strictly for that season. No major changes will be made to this mod (example: trading of players) and the only change you may see down the line (and this is not common) is a change in the attributes of a player when the modder finds a mistake in the makeup of one of the players. So the default roster here is the only one.

Also when I was playing as the Senators I had a game at Shibe Park vs the As and noticed the crowd figures were 1970s era. Is this a bug or something I've done wrong with the game? Everything else is working fine. The crowd is a minor thing anyway.

Take a screenshot of this so we can see it. While Shibe Park was around in the 70's (1970 was the last year) I see what you mean by your question.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

You need to unlock all of the uniforms. There are two ways:

First, you can use the "Katie Roy" cheat:

1. Open up MVP Baseball.

2. Under the Main Menu > Rosters, Create a Player named "Katie Roy."

3. Save your roster and then save your profile.

4. Your dynasty and any other games you play will now have all the unlockable stuff.

Alternatively, you could use a profile that has everything unlocked. You can get one here: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1208