Wrigley Field WIP

Trues

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still working on it. :)

I've been experimenting a lot with custom grass textures to try and eliminate the shimmering but I've come to the conclusion that I'll have to make 2 versions of the stadium, one with the default grass and one with my grass. Personally, I like the default grass better but some people will like the non-shimmering version.

Anyway, I'm done working on grass so much more progress should be made this week.

Unfortunetly, I can't give a completion date. Maintaining the site consumes most of my free time.

I know this will turn out amazing, like last yr.

Since I will be following the cubs more this year (no expos...) I'll definitly be installing this stadium before anything else. Actually I've been following the cubs for years but could never catch many of their games on tv... this year i can (thanks WGN!) :p

Personally, I'd rather see you work longer on this double project (night/day) then finish it quickly so ppl can use it.

So by all means, take all the time you need lol, I feel priviliged, like others, just to have you working on this awesome stadium..

I know this will turn out amazing, like last yr.

Since I will be following the cubs more this year (no expos...) I'll definitly be installing this stadium before anything else. Actually I've been following the cubs for years but could never catch many of their games on tv... this year i can (thanks WGN!) :p

Personally, I'd rather see you work longer on this double project (night/day) then finish it quickly so ppl can use it.

So by all means, take all the time you need lol, I feel priviliged, like others, just to have you working on this awesome stadium..

Thanks bro, that means a lot.

Both day and night versions should be finished this weekend.

Hey Trues, my stadiums are not appearing normal as usual. Some spots in the outfield are transparant and when I use a mod from either one of the bunch created from Big O/ Y2/Pirate, it seems as though both the original and new mod are somewhat condensing together instead of being replaced. Any reason for that?

Hey Trues, my stadiums are not appearing normal as usual. Some spots in the outfield are transparant and when I use a mod from either one of the bunch created from Big O/ Y2/Pirate, it seems as though both the original and new mod are somewhat condensing together instead of being replaced. Any reason for that?

hmm...That sounds pretty odd. What do you have your color quality set to in windows and in the game for that matter?

My computer is set at 32 bit/highest quality

Tell me if this is odd or not but I re-installed the game to see if my files were somehow corrupted and when I did, all the files went to there original size and unmodded state but inside of the main MVP folders were all of the mods I extracted to there, just not put into the game just yet. I was under the impression that when you delete and uninstall a file, all of its components and add-ons wil be deleted as well.

Anyways, to give you an idea of whats happening, some stadiums (especially the modded ones) will be missing textures in the main centerfield block and the rightfield block and the scoreboards all seem to be clashing with there previous version or thats what it looks like. I may have to try to see about getting someone on here to send me there stadium files to see if that can help but that still doesnt explain the obvious errors in the original versions, right?

One more thing Trues. If I close up to the disfigured add or wall, it appears fine. Like if I was to replay and zoom all the way up or even halfway, it appears like the way it is meant to be seen. But if I am at a far distance, it appears to be meshing with the original file which is odd.

Is the color set to 32 in the game as well? It sounds to me like the 16 bit graphics are blending with the 32 bit ones. I'm pretty sure all the stadium mods here are only done in 32 bit (cram32.fsh).

Also, if you un-install the game it will only remove the original files, not the modded ones.

How do I change the graphics in the game to 32 bit? I clicked onto properties of the game icon and it gave me an option for 256 colors but that didnt work. Heres a pic of what my problem is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/gol...20-38-44-81.bmp

From the main menu in the game go to My MVP, then My MVP Options, then Video Options and scroll down to Display Mode.

I would do what Pirate suggested here....

Yep, I figured it out, and i have no idea why it's doing it, but I can fix it for ya...

You're smart so follow along and we'll get through this.

Take eagraphics editor and open the bankday.big file and extract the cram32 file...

Rename that filecram.fsh just drop the 32 off and import it back into the bankday.big...

Check it and let me know if it works.

I would do what Pirate suggested here....

Ok, two things

1) I dont completely understand. I open it in the EA graphics editor and I see the cram 32 so I extract it to a location, rename it and then add it in with the tools wizard. But the cram32 is still there along with the filecram.fsh file so how do I get rid of that?

2) Why in the hell would I have to do this when the rest of the world can just freaking install it? And why is this happening to me when it was working a freaking week ago? And if my files are corrupted, shouldnt a re-install fix that?

You're right, you shouldn't have to do something like that in order for it to work but I have no idea why it would just start screwing up like that for no reason.

But to answer your question, yes you rename the file to cram.fsh and import it leaving the cram32.fsh file there.

Well that didnt work either then. Do you happen to know what files from your operating system that work with this that could be corrupted? Or better yet, do you know of some search program that can tell me if I am missing any key opponents to my computer. I recently had to re-install windows and I have this feeling I didnt do all I needed to do.

Archived