Reinstalling The Mvp Mods Program

palooka1

HI guys: I have a rather simple question but I cannot seem to figure out an answer on my own. The Blue page that comes up with all the credits on it and the Cincinatti Reds player looking at his wrist is the problem. How can I change that picture to one more astheticallly pleasing. When I first downloaded and did the mod in 2011 there was a pic and a white and pinkish color background screen with a guys who had just swung his bat and was looking up towards the sky, How can I replace the "credit" page with another ? I know how to use BigUI and EA graph. I DID try the splash page with the Orioles background but it brought up an error message so I had to remove it and put back in the original bkgnd.big file. Help? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HI guys: I have a rather simple question but I cannot seem to figure out an answer on my own. The Blue page that comes up with all the credits on it and the Cincinatti Reds player looking at his wrist is the problem. How can I change that picture to one more astheticallly pleasing. When I first downloaded and did the mod in 2011 there was a pic and a white and pinkish color background screen with a guys who had just swung his bat and was looking up towards the sky, How can I replace the "credit" page with another ? I know how to use BigUI and EA graph. I DID try the splash page with the Orioles background but it brought up an error message so I had to remove it and put back in the original bkgnd.big file. Help? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that is the loading screen you are talking about in Mvp 08. You can change that photo to anything you want by downloading a handy little utility made by compmaniac a little over five years ago called the All Screens Maker. Just read the directions that he provided.

I will try that. Thanks so much for your quick reply.

No problem, glad to help.

Also, what you should do is have a decent sized photo that you want to use. Don't worry about having it the correct size because this program will automatically set it in the right size for the game and it will also give you a preview of your work when you are done so you can see if that is what you really want. This is really a nice program.

Yankee4life: Everythig worked out well except the inital picture that displayed when the program first starts. It is really tiny and my desktop surrounds it until it goes to the EAmods screen. What have I done wrong? I simply don't get it. The 000000000....026 that was generated didn't show a preview so that I would know what the thing would look like in advance. When I ran the program you can imagine the surprise as I felt like I was in the Gulliver's Travels commercial. I tried the links for the templates and they all were not found. help...please?

Yankee4life: Everythig worked out well except the inital picture that displayed when the program first starts. It is really tiny and my desktop surrounds it until it goes to the EAmods screen. What have I done wrong? I simply don't get it. The 000000000....026 that was generated didn't show a preview so that I would know what the thing would look like in advance. When I ran the program you can imagine the surprise as I felt like I was in the Gulliver's Travels commercial. I tried the links for the templates and they all were not found. help...please?

Back up for a second now. You don't need the templates because everything you need to change those four different screens are right there.

You do need to pick out a decent sized picture for this to work. Anything too small is not going to work and is going to look bad. What photo are you looking for to use here? Maybe I have some for you to choose from.

If you have some nice ones to choose from that would be nice. I tried to use the frot entrance view of Progressive Field.....a 760 x 840 bitmap pic. I hate to be such a bother but this is the area of file management I am weakest in. I will appreciate your help.

If you have some nice ones to choose from that would be nice. I tried to use the frot entrance view of Progressive Field.....a 760 x 840 bitmap pic. I hate to be such a bother but this is the area of file management I am weakest in. I will appreciate your help.

This is no problem for me to look for photos because this kind of became my specialty around here since I have been collecting baseball photos for a few years now.

I am enclosing two photos of Progressive Field in this post that I recently got. See if you like any of these. :) Just click on the thumbnails and you will be able to view the photo better. The size is 1024x768.

Hey there: Thanks for the info. I tried several time doing exactly what the instructions stated but kept getting "specified path not found" after I pushed 1 then enter to make an initial splash screen. So, I now know my limits. Thanks anyway for your answers and advice.

Hey there: Thanks for the info. I tried several time doing exactly what the instructions stated but kept getting "specified path not found" after I pushed 1 then enter to make an initial splash screen. So, I now know my limits. Thanks anyway for your answers and advice.

I wish I knew why it didn't work for you. I do know that the picture you are trying to replace is the license photo (which would be option 3) but that would still give you the same error message.

Hey palooka,

Try one of these .big files into your data/frontend folder.

The SPLASH.big will put your Progressive Field screen as the very 1st screen you see when you start the game.

Or use the SUSHARED.big to make it your CTS (Click to Start) Screen.

With the mods that I made or customized; I always use the tool/utility to eliminate the video footage that plays at the beginning of the game. I believe that using that tool also removes the "license"/credits screen which doesn't bother me at all. For example, in my Total Classics 1915; there is no intro video and thus, no license/credit screen.

Please back up the above .big files if this is not what you were looking for. I will be glad to help out later if this doesn't work for you as well.

Dennis

Progressive Field BIG files.zip

Hi Dennis: I used the wrong nomenclature when I was trying to describe what I needed. I DID use your pics of Progressive Field for the CTB Screen and the splash screen and they look great. What I was originally trying to ask for was the 000000000.256 screen. Of course, I found that out after the fact because I wasn't sure what that file was called. But now I do. So , please let me impose on your expertise one more time and ask how I can "transform" a bitmap, jpeg, or whatever form of a pic into that infamous 0000000.256 file screen.

And, thank again for the two .big files....man, they look great.

Talk to ya later, Joe, MD (mentally deficient) :help:

Hi Dennis: I used the wrong nomenclature when I was trying to describe what I needed. I DID use your pics of Progressive Field for the CTB Screen and the splash screen and they look great. What I was originally trying to ask for was the 000000000.256 screen. Of course, I found that out after the fact because I wasn't sure what that file was called. But now I do. So , please let me impose on your expertise one more time and ask how I can "transform" a bitmap, jpeg, or whatever form of a pic into that infamous 0000000.256 file screen.

And, thank again for the two .big files....man, they look great.

Talk to ya later, Joe, MD (mentally deficient) :help:

This is very easy to do. Take the .bmp file you want to use, simply rename it to 00000000.256, and place it in the main game folder (Program FilesEA SportsMVP Baseball 2005). When the game starts up, the image will be displayed. I was amazed when I found out how easy it was to do this.

I just did it in Windows Explorer. I'm thinking that you have Windows Explorer setup so that it does not show file extensions. When it is setup like that, the file will retain the original file extension, no matter what you change it to.