Mlb 2K12 Official Patch Notes

DetroitStyle

Patch notes courtesy of OperationSports.com. No word yet about a PC patch.

MLB 2K12 patch

v 1.2 should arrive in the next 24 hours for both Xbox 360 and PS3. Check out all the details below.

General

• Hid the Upload options when not signed in.
  • Pitcher fatigue is properly set when loading back into a previously saved game.
  • Fixed problems where screenshots were corrupted prior to uploading to 2k Share.

MLB Today & MLB Today Season

• Fixed crash in MLB Today based on schedule updates
  • Fixed crash when restoring default roster.
  • Fixed to properly use the date/time from the schedule to determine time of day for the game.

Gameplay

• Fixed the rate on bad swing reactions, which was sometimes nearly 2x while player took several steps on camera
  • Improved the look of gathers in certain uncommon situations.
  • Fixed the "auto pitch" bug after a double switch.
  • Improved the base runner responsiveness when making decisions to advance and retreat with a ball in play.
  • Improved the playability of rundown throws. Previously they were too hard due to the fill speed of the throwing meter
  • Improved the base runner responsiveness when tagging up and launching from a base.
  • Improved the player’s paths when leaving the field and heading back to the dugouts.
  • Added code that helps eliminate errant check swings and throws to incorrect bases. Mostly for PS3 and PC users.

• Added a missing pause timer in the pitcher substitution menu.
  • Improved the outfielder reaction for online games. Users won’t miss balls that should be caught due to slow reaction times.
  • Adjusted pitch speed slider settings for ALLSTAR and LEGEND difficulty levels. This increases the difficulty for online gameplay.
  • Fixed exchange of team rival information to eliminate a divergence.
  • Exchanged inside edge data prior to franchise invite games to fix a divergence.

My Player

• Fixed bug where game length could be set to 3 innings by setting it in Play Ball.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when looking for season goals.
  • Fixed a bug with career messages not properly adding when the list is full. This issue led to a crash on PS3.
  • Fixed a bug where a pitch speed would decrease after completing a drill reward.
  • Fixed a bug where off-speed pitches decrease in speed after receiving an award from a drill.

Just wanted to add that a PC patch is probably on the way since it's mentioned here:

Added code that helps eliminate errant check swings and throws to incorrect bases. Mostly for PS3 and PC users.

What are ya'll thoughts on it? Frankly I'm disappointed that nothing was mentioned about tweaking pitching or hitting. Especially hit distribution. It seems most of the fixes were just animation and small code tweaks. Nothing about tweaking the sim engine either, or the lineup bug (where the cpu shuffles your lineup even though it's set to manual).

I had a feeling it would be minor tweaks and no major overhaul of the sim engine. I am not a computer wiz but it can't be that difficult for these guys to at least fix the line up issue.

I had a feeling they may leave out the PC version.....I guess we will see.

No surprise that this will be a stripped-bare patch considering 2K apparently wont be continuing the series after this. Unless somebody is willing to pay the money to MLB for an exclusive license, I'm guessing The Show will be the only baseball sim to come out next season, And I don't expect a baseball sim to ever be available for PC after this. I spoke to an old friend at EA Sports recently where I used to work and he basically confirmed that EA has no desire to make a baseball game for the forseeable future.

I suppose PC users should be happy to get ANY patch. But there are so many things screwed up in the PC version, that they could do better than just minor tweaks. Obviously the priority is going to be gaming systems. What smokes me is these fixes are being done ON COMPUTERS and then implemented on the game systems.

I emailed 2ksports and asked If and when a PC patch will be released..............

there response:

Alexis L, Jun 06 14:15 (PDT):

Hello.

Unfortunately i have no information at the time for this.However you can frequently check back and go on the 2k sports website to see if they will have any updates.

Kind Regards

Alexis L.

lol, you have a better chance if getting a response to a presidential pardon request than getting an answer from 2K. You probably got emailed a canned answer.

Typically, the patch needs to wait to be cleared by all digital distributors before its released. It's like waiting for 5-10 microsofts and sony's to approve it. Last year it dropped rather quickly, but 2k has a terrible track record with pc patches. The one's for NBA 2K have come 6-8 months after the console patch. So by that scale you can expect it by September/October for a worst case scenario.

Yeah, I figured it was a generic email answer.

I havent played PC games in a while (except World of Warcraft, and they patch it seems every week) so I did not know what to expect with the PC time line. Since my kids tie up the 2 ps3s for Call of Duty I figured I go back to my PC for sports....so much for that.

• 4 months later...