Before I Buy 2K12 For Pc.....

AtlantaBrit

I loved the old MVP baseball series; u could just pitch and swing the bat and let the pc control baserunning and fielding. So after the demise of that franchise, I bought 2k9 when it came out. Couldn't believe how awful it was from a controller standpoint! Couldn't get it to work w/ my logitech controller; had to use TWO paddles just to pitch and just to swing the bat ???? Threw it out in disgust.

NOW, have things changed at all for the latest version ? Can u just select a pitch, aim and throw ? can you just aim and swing your bat ? can u set the PC to control baserunning and fielding ? If not, guess I can forget ever using a pc baseball sim again, lol.

The answer is yes to most of it except i am not sure about baserunning... You just have to adjust those settings from default. The game is pretty fun when you combine it with some of the mods from here. I would recommend buying a Xbox wireless controller for pc because personally hitting and all those other things that you mentioned are easier to control/adjust...

i cant imagine wanting to play a game where all u would have to do is just pitch and bat.I myself like that challenge of running after the ball and making the plays.I like being in as much control as possible playing the game

OK thanx for all the input. However, from what I'm reading elsewhere even the XBOX for PC has the SAME problems it had when the 2k series first came out! Guess the software company cares more about console players than pc gamers! So, if they haven't sorted out the problems 4 years later looks like I'm gonna have to go yet another season with no effective and practical baseball sim. Oh well..............

I have a Logitech Rumblepad (wired) controller and it works fine with MLB2K12. The only difference is, I have to use the keyboard 4 and 5 keys because the game doesn't recognize when I push down on the joysticks. This only affects menus, however, not gameplay.

Like you, I like to play with the computer controlling the baserunning and fielding, and yes, you can set it up just like MVP - push a button to pitch,push a button to hit. Setup is a tad counter-intuitive at times, but I played MVP for 6 years and after downloading this game in April I haven't touched MVP. YMMV, but I'm very happy with the game.