1977 World Series Rosters

JoeRudi26

If you create a player, name him Rizzuto and move him to the Yankees, he should automatically wear #10, right?

So, if you change the name of that same player, while he is on the Yankees roster, to something else (in this case Chambliss) the game automatically changes his number?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the research, dennis, appreciate it. I was messing around with Chambliss again last night and came to the conclusion that it just can't be done -- that SOME retired numbers are locked out. Can't figure out why I can use Munson's number, but oh well.

Anyway, I went ahead and gave Chambliss his one time #50. It's not the way I remember it, but it'll have to do. :)

If you create a player, name him Rizzuto and move him to the Yankees, he should automatically wear #10, right?

So, if you change the name of that same player, while he is on the Yankees roster, to something else (in this case Chambliss) the game automatically changes his number?

Sure does, sabugo.

Something just hit me:

I could rename Chambliss to Rizzuto in the game, and assign him the #10. Obviously, the Yankees don't wear their name on the back of the jerseys, so I could keep the created Chambliss in the game. Addtionally, I could turn off the audio for his name, probably resulting in only announcing him as #10.

The obvious drawback would be when looking at the stats and lineups, etc., Chambliss would be listed as Rizzuto. However, I personally won't be playing an entire season with these rosters, so I may just go that way to get the correct visuals. Will probably do the same with Nettles #9 (Maris).

Thanks for the headsup, dennis, changing the names worked. Like I said, it's not necessarily stats I'm after, just more of a quick pick 'em up between the two teams. I'll assign realistic (as possible) player ratings and I have a good slider set, so the games should play pretty decent.

r046lj.jpg

xcsx1c.jpg

2jetds7.jpg

Hey that's a great idea Jay...you're correct, it just "looks right" to have Chambliss to be #10 for the 1977 World Series. I was only 6 years-old when that World Series rolled around but it was the first World Series I ever watched on TV and I have some vivid memories of this. This is going to be very cool to see these "correct" jersey numbers for the players.

I did a little more research and found out the MLB The Show is indeed tied to all "Official" retired numbers and they do (obviously) vary by team. As an example, the only official retired numbers for the Seattle Mariners is #42 (I'm sure #24 will follow very soon). So I downloaded some All-Time Team Rosters in the vault and Ichiro is #53 in the game:

AlltimeMariners_1_zpsb9ef09d3.jpg

Randy Johnson is #51 by default but only because he was on the team first (until 1998). Since the Mariners don't really have any official retired numbers; you can make Griffey #51 if you want or you can make Ichiro #24 as well. That's about the only thing I do not like about player creation in The Show...I wish you could assign any uniform number you wanted. Other than that, I think it's a perfect system.

Wow, that Reggie Jackson looks spot-on...excellent work. And boy those 1977 rosters and very realistic on The SHOW; I could swear this happened in real life. :crazy:

ReggieBar_zpsbd6870f0.jpg

http://books.google.com/books?id=eqlguKlTa6sC&pg=PT174&lpg=PT174&dq=Reggie+bar+giveaway+at+Yankee+Stadium&source=bl&ots=GXFUdKIuW4&sig=IQ7hgvU-MBNqzXRFl5lftl9MZjQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=PbDpUYjhGK3riQLA7ICwCA&ved=0CDgQ6AEwAQ

This would be SO much easier (and better) if I had a "bushy hair" option. :D

Yes, I have to agree that's another thing I was disappointed with the player creator feature. For the past 2 years I've wanted to make a 1970s, authentic Oscar Gamble, but with no giant-fro option, I quickly abandoned the project. :rofl:

Seriously, I think you do a great job on making these players/faces...I think what can make it difficult for me is that there are almost too many choices and options when making these players. For example, I made myself in last year's game for Road to the Show and got picked up as a pitcher for the Orioles and it took me literally over an hour to make myself.

MyPlayerCollageSMALL.jpg

I was happy with the outcome and realism but I cannot imagine doing these to the degree you have as well as the other historic rosters in the Vault. My hat is off to you. Getting excited to "replay" the 1977 World Series. :good:

Cool stuff, dennis, you're a lefty too? Just curious, how close did you get it to resemble you? I did the same thing with The Show '11 (RTTS), but got bored pretty quick and abandoned it -- For some reason, it's just not my thing. That said though, I created myself too but wasn't really experienced enough with the face creator back then. I may have to try it again at some point.

It's pretty bad, really. :)

smt0z4.jpg

2hcl3py.jpg

Anyway, thanks for the good words, hopefully I'll get better as I go along.

Hey there Jay, yeah definitely a lefty and I actually used to pitch up until my first year in my first go-around at college ages ago. Too much partying and bad grades de-railed that dream however and I still remind myself how "over-the-hill" left-handed pitchers are always in demand in the majors. LOL!

Anyway, I do think the player creator was very accurate, because for better or worse...my player looks exactly like me. The thing is, it did take me at least an hour to get it right. It was worth it playing a whole season last year and seeing the subtle things like when I would take off my cap on a hot day on the mound (in the game) and see that they also got my hair exactly right; I thought that was pretty cool. But doing a single player is one thing, but doing even an entire team must take a ton of patience.. I'm after you finish your '77 World Series teams, you'll be able to make yourself in about 20 minutes flat.

Now that I'm getting a bit more used to the face creator, I took a step back and recreated some of the faces I made earlier. Not quite where I want to be yet, but I'm getting closer. On the newer faces, I experimented a bit with some filters and a washed out 70's look, trying to get a more authentic feel.

Thurman Munson

2dgkxa0.jpg

2chuuzs.jpg

Chris Chambliss

152g8e0.jpg

2itfybl.jpg