Question For Pickle Brad (And All Other Geniuses) Re: Timing

Hollywood70

I recall while reading PB's thread about modifying the dirt and the rate at which it dries it was mentioned that there is some kind of timing mechanism in the game for this kind of thing. I'm wondering if that came into play when designing the new dirt and the rate at which it dries (great, GREAT mods, btw).

My interest is the timing of the lighting for night games. I think that 2K12 does a REALLY nice job with the sunlight fading/shadows gathering as games go on. But, it annoys me that it appears that all night games start around 9 PM on a typical Summer evening. My estimation is that the sunlight for a 7 PM start should look more like it does around the 7th inning of a 4 PM game in 2K12 (i.e., still some sun and shadows prior to gathering darkness).

I'm sure this is a long shot, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask if a modification could be made. Thanks all for the great improvements!

I recall while reading PB's thread about modifying the dirt and the rate at which it dries it was mentioned that there is some kind of timing mechanism in the game for this kind of thing. I'm wondering if that came into play when designing the new dirt and the rate at which it dries (great, GREAT mods, btw).

My interest is the timing of the lighting for night games. I think that 2K12 does a REALLY nice job with the sunlight fading/shadows gathering as games go on. But, it annoys me that it appears that all night games start around 9 PM on a typical Summer evening. My estimation is that the sunlight for a 7 PM start should look more like it does around the 7th inning of a 4 PM game in 2K12 (i.e., still some sun and shadows prior to gathering darkness).

I'm sure this is a long shot, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask if a modification could be made. Thanks all for the great improvements!

I have been saying this to myself for a while now! I haven't really ran across anything that effects the time of day for night games. I did start a game in the afternoon that went well way into the 14th inning and I was pleased to see that it got completely dark when it should have. If there is a way to make the 7 pm night games look like the 7th inning of a 4 pm game that would be perfect. You might want to ask KCcitystar as he is the one who has been trying to work on the lighting of the game. I will continue my research as well and thanks for pointing this out. I thought I was the only one who this bothered so badly. LOL

I know KC. We are all very much aware of how amazing your lighting mod added to the overall look of night games and the stadiums themselves. What I think he is talking about is how the games (sky)/ lighting looks a little too dark to be a 7 pm game. Take The Show for instance...If you play a night game on that game, the lighting looks more like a dusk kind of feel and then gradually gets pitch black over the course of 9 innings. All we are saying is that the 2k series tends to look a little too dark and wondering if there is any chance we could possibly at this point, hex edit the values of the afternoon 7th inning games to replace the 1st inning of a night game. Once again, great to see you back active on MVP mods once again. GOD bless

I know KC. We are all very much aware of how amazing your lighting mod added to the overall look of night games and the stadiums themselves. What I think he is talking about is how the games (sky)/ lighting looks a little too dark to be a 7 pm game. Take The Show for instance...If you play a night game on that game, the lighting looks more like a dusk kind of feel and then gradually gets pitch black over the course of 9 innings. All we are saying is that the 2k series tends to look a little too dark and wondering if there is any chance we could possibly at this point, hex edit the values of the afternoon 7th inning games to replace the 1st inning of a night game. Once again, great to see you back active on MVP mods once again. GOD bless

Thanks man, but I'm on here sporadically. I've been taking care of a lot of personal/career things....but anyway, I don't think there's a way to control the way the game calculates timing of shadows/lighting....probably through hex editing, I'm not exactly sure.

Thanks man, but I'm on here sporadically. I've been taking care of a lot of personal/career things....but anyway, I don't think there's a way to control the way the game calculates timing of shadows/lighting....probably through hex editing, I'm not exactly sure.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Just wanted to make sure it's clear --- I think KC's stadium lighting is absolutely brilliant.. The thing I was griping about is the lack of sunshine at 7 PM on a summer evening. Thanks again :)