Corrupted Jpeg Image!

WithAuthority

I was transferring pics off my cousins iphone to the computer like i always do, an dfor some reason when we went to preview one of the pics, it started freezing up. This after we already saw the image fine on imagepreview. Then we kept trying, and it loaded a cut off image at the necks. We tried everything toget the full version of the pic to load. It even shows the full image in preview just at a really low resolution. It wont open though! My cousin blames me and is mad at me now. Im highly upset over this! Does anyone have a suggestion what I can do to fix this image?

I was transferring pics off my cousins iphone to the computer like i always do, an dfor some reason when we went to preview one of the pics, it started freezing up. This after we already saw the image fine on imagepreview. Then we kept trying, and it loaded a cut off image at the necks. We tried everything toget the full version of the pic to load. It even shows the full image in preview just at a really low resolution. It wont open though! My cousin blames me and is mad at me now. Im highly upset over this! Does anyone have a suggestion what I can do to fix this image?

It is my experience that when you are dealing with angry cousins is to leave as fast as you can and hide.

Hey Bridgette,

I guess the most basic way to explain your issue is that all files (photos, music,videos) can potentially get corrupted when they are stored on flash memory devices like phones and tablets; but it can even happen on traditional (mechanical) hard drive. For example, I had a movie I had ripped from my blu-ray and had it saved as an MP4 and had it stored on an external hard drive...after awhile the movies inexplicably had parts where digital artifacts started showing up at certain points in the film. This can also happen to photos, especially when you are trying to transfer them to another device or computer.

Your photo(s) might be able to be saved...I have a boatload of of photo-editing tools that I've used for years that might do the trick and you can PM a photo for me to try the save, if that's cool with you.

Yeah, I actually got jealous because you're the Opening Day Starter and I'm 2nd starter who also gave up a HR to BJ Upton. LMAO! :rofl:

BJ Upton? Well, it was spring training. Didn't matter. Next time pitch him Soriano-like and throw it low and outside.

Seriously, I just happened upon this problem and I used to do digital photo editing and recovery for quite a few years and have seen the craziest issues with this stuff. :good:

I hope you can help her. Good luck now.

i've had this happen to me before as well. i didn't realize there was a solution for it. i just assumed once corrupted they were gone.

Hey Homer,

I've actually had a lot of luck with this program: http://www.stellarinfo.com/jpeg-repair.php

I've been using it for about a year and have had a surprisingly good success rate. Of course, these things don't work 100% of the time; but your chances are certainly improved. The good thing is that this software is pretty cheap too (about $40). It fixes JPEG photos however and not RAW photo files if you take the RAW/JPEG combos on certain cameras.