Loclook Problem?

SPDouglas616

Well, the program only changes the song name, right? I suppose I could live without it.

Yes. It will change the name of the song and display it in the game.

I tried google searching it and found the file, but it wouldn't help my cause. Thanks for the assistance, though.

Wait. You google searched for Loclook? If you did that you should have downloaded it from this site. Here's one of my uploads that has a working copy of Loclook in it, among other things.

I want to put my own music in the MVP13 mod and change the text, but when I go to open "loclook" I get this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6t1b2h.jpg

Any help?

That happened to me as well a couple of years back. The Active X file you need is in the ZIP folder <attached>.

Download that and follow these steps:

1. Extract comdlg32.ocx to WindowsSystem32 folder.

2. Type the following command from Start, Type Run then Hit enter then under Run type

3. regsvr32 %Systemroot%System32comdlg32.ocx

After this, the LocLook program should work fine.

COMDLG32.zip

That happened to me as well a couple of years back. The Active X file you need is in the ZIP folder <attached>.

Download that and follow these steps:

1. Extract comdlg32.ocx to WindowsSystem32 folder.

2. Type the following command from Start, Type Run then Hit enter then under Run type

3. regsvr32 %Systemroot%System32comdlg32.ocx

After this, the LocLook program should work fine.

I wanted to add: if you have Windows 7 64-bit (rather than 32-bit)...make sure to copy the file in the ZIP folder to WindowsSysWOW64 instead of the System32 folder. And then change Step #3 to: regsvr32 %Systemroot%SysWOW64comdlg32.ocx. Good Luck.

UPDATE : I successfully have managed to run loclook, by registering the .ocx file (took me a while but I got it.) But, I can't open the converted music into it because it says it only takes .locs, so I'm straight up confused on that. Also. I put the songs in the game with changing the name, and the default songs played instead, and I followed the guide on the site step by step.

Edited by mj23rules

UPDATE : I successfully have managed to run loclook, by registering the .ocx file (took me a while but I got it.) But, I can't open the converted music into it because it says it only takes .locs, so I'm straight up confused on that. Also. I put the songs in the game with changing the name, and the default songs played instead, and I followed the guide on the site step by step.

Now I can help you.

You do not open the converted music into Loclook. Loclook is only for editing things in the game such as the jukebox playlist.

If you downloaded the file I told you about last night you will see a program called wimpditt.exe and that is what you use to convert your mp3 of choice to put into the game. Then you go into loclook and edit the song title.