The return of the Polo Grounds

paulw

I'm just about finished getting the Polo grounds back in order for MVP 2005 - here is a shot:

polo1.jpg

I have a little touching up to do. I should post it tonight sometime. This is - obviously - with the Cooperstown effect turned off. Doesn't look that bad with it on either - kind of like an old grainy color movie film from the 40s or 50s - like in "When it was a game".

I'm starting to get some hope for MVP 2005 :o

ps. Notice the pretty grass! 8)8) It doesn't shimmer.

gorgeous....Nice Work, and thank you and all of you others for your excellence

BTW The Polo Grounds is for some reason, is the ballpark if I could go back in time, I would most want to see a game at...Maybe a little Christy Matthewson mowing some dudes down

I did see a game there. Cubs vs Giants 1957. Lasted 17 innings. Bob Rush pitched all 17 innings for the Cubs. Giants won in the 17th when someone hit a double and drove in Willie Mays. I remember being able to see Yankee Stadium across the river.

mflv - You are one lucky guy do have seen a game there. I bet it was getting really run done by 1957. I grew up watching the Braves in old County Stadium - Spahn, Mathews, and Aaron. Did you ever get to Ebbets??

Never got to Ebbets. I grew up 4 blocks from Wrigley Field. We were just there on vacation. The following year we went to LA and I saw the Cubs play the Dodgers at the Colisseum. That game at the Polo Grounds was real scary though cause I was just a kid, it was my first night game, and we were rooting for the wrong team. And a foul ball almost hit me. I think I probably slept through most of that 4 1/2 hour game though.

herodotus7 - those were great days with the old High Heat. Too bad it bit the dust. would've been nice to see where it could have gone. I modded Polo just to see how difficult it was. Probably will mod other old time stadiums as time goes on. I've got some fairly nice parks from MVP2004 that will move over fairly easily. Gotta get rid of that *&^%$ Cooperstown effect though.

122155 - This version of the Polo Grounds is available for 2004 on this site. Just download it.

BTW - Am not going to release until tomorrow sometime. Am still doing some work with the shadows.

• 2 weeks later...

Paulw, this is beautiful. How did you do that? I would love to be able to restore the color to Forbes, Griffith, Sportsmans and Shibe so they at least look like last years version. I tried just copying last years stadium bigs over but that crashed the game. Is there a quick way to do that or as I suspect, do you have to do each stadium section individually?

Great work Paul like always. Another year, more great classic mods. Looking forward to your work on others as well. Keep 'em coming........

By the way, I saw a couple games in '62 there. My father brought me down to see the Giants play the Mets. The Mets were that bad too. My father never got over the Giants leaving New York. The Polo Grounds by then was a junk heap, so I missed the glory years of that ballpark. Still, I managed to see a couple games there before they flattened it.

Regards;

Archived