Bottom Lines -- Offline & Online Game Play?

Gordo

Ok...you 2K12 afficianados... what is the bottom line with:

1. Offline game play? (meaning with the latest known tweaks)

• Is it smooth animations?
  • Can I institute "classic" type pitching? (i.e., not a lot of crap on the screen as I can do in MVP)
  • "Real feel" batting and not canned results?

2. Online game play?

• Can it be done IP 2 IP?
  • If players are relatively close in proximity, is it fairly smooth at lower resolution?
  • Custom rosters useable online?

And anything else that you think is significant and important to know....thanks!

I think you're jumping the gun. I'm asking to see if it's worth trying to find a copy. And yes, the amazon.ca option will not ship internationally. Not sure how one can get around that, unless there's a willing Canadian member here that we trust to re-route packages.

I think you're jumping the gun. I'm asking to see if it's worth trying to find a copy. And yes, the amazon.ca option will not ship internationally. Not sure how one can get around that, unless there's a willing Canadian member here that we trust to re-route packages.

Wooo I was jumping the gun. Thank God. Don't do it! :D

Ok...you 2K12 afficianados... what is the bottom line with:

1. Offline game play? (meaning with the latest known tweaks)

• Is it smooth animations?
  • Can I institute "classic" type pitching? (i.e., not a lot of crap on the screen as I can do in MVP)
  • "Real feel" batting and not canned results?

2. Online game play?

• Can it be done IP 2 IP?
  • If players are relatively close in proximity, is it fairly smooth at lower resolution?
  • Custom rosters useable online?

And anything else that you think is significant and important to know....thanks!

Hey daflyboys,

I can only speak about the Offline mode of the 2K Baseball games (I've never played the game online); but here's my input:

1. If The Show has the smoothest animations (10 out of 10, with 10 being the smoothest); then I would say MLB 2K12 is about a 7 out of 10. The outfielders move rather smoothly but I find the infielders (like the shortstop diving for a ball up the middle) to be a bit more "jerkier" in theie sudden movements. Batter & Pitcher animations are rather smooth and realistic too.

2. The only 2 forms of pitching are the "Pinpoint Aim" pitching mode where you aim your pitch and hold down the button for spped/accuracy and strive for hitting the "sweet spot". As you hold down the pitch button, the aim circle grows from tiny to larger and you have to try and not go over the "Perfect" limit.

The other mode involves playing thumb aerobics with the analog stick of your controller. For example, a fastball forces you to move the analog stick upwards and then quickly down to try and get the pitch "accurate".

Unfortunately, there is no MVP Baseball/Pitch Bar mode in this game. Only MVP and The Show has that mode if I recall correctly.

3. Finally, I think the batting feels pretty real in 2K12. I couldn't say the same for MLB 2K10 & 2K11; which I felt had the "canned results" you mentioned. There seemed to be only a handful of hit varieties in those versions. 2K12 definitely feels improved in hit variety and the hitting animations. Also, the bunting is a whole lot better in 2K12, compared to the previous 2 years.

Hope this helps a little,

-Dennis

now that everyone's got their two cents on this, i'm going to go ahead and lock this topic so i can get this thread cleaned up. i appreciate the concerns, but it's not fair to be flooding the OP's thread with this. anyone on this site should know by now that duplicate accounts will get you banned. this is not something new and it's the rules that are set forth. if you don't like the rule, you don't need to be here. it doesn't matter who you are. unless you are the site owner, you will get banned if you are caught with another account.

now lets everyone take a deep breath and stop taking everything so seriously. save the drama for high school, and have a little fun around here.

Well....between that and no classic pitching, that should about seal it. I have played earlier versions of this game on console (blech!) and PC, so I was wondering about this particular version. Well, at least I'll save some money....hehe..... thx guys.

• 1 month later...