2Nd Year In Mvp 14 (Player Progression)

Hello:

Just wondering a couple things:

1) Even though they call it "season mode," does dynasty still continue beyond the first year in the '14 mod? I think it does because of something I read.

2) I have a question as regards player progression. Take Byron Buxton for example. He's rated 96 in speed and 99 in baserunning, but his scouting report says "he doesn't run very well and probably won't improve too much." Since there's virtually no room for improvement, I agree on that point, but since it says he doesn't run well, does that mean at the start of the second season his running stats will drop like crazy? I was thinking about calling him up as a running and/or defensive replacement depending on how my major league Twins do and if they need the help.

Also, Buxton is listed as 11 years old, how is that going to affect players' longevity? Does anyone know?

Thank you.

Edited by hitting_help?

1) It should. I was the one who changed the name from "dynasty" to "season" with it being a text edit only. It should advance.

2) Keep in mind that the scouting reports may have been written for earlier players and the Byron Buxton you are looking at was since created. The player reports are text file placements as well which probably correspond to a player's given ID number. But you can't see these in the roster editor.

You can change the players' ages utilizing,I believe, the schedule updater application.

Hello:

Just wondering a couple things:

1) Even though they call it "season mode," does dynasty still continue beyond the first year in the '14 mod? I think it does because of something I read.

2) I have a question as regards player progression. Take Byron Buxton for example. He's rated 96 in speed and 99 in baserunning, but his scouting report says "he doesn't run very well and probably won't improve too much." Since there's virtually no room for improvement, I agree on that point, but since it says he doesn't run well, does that mean at the start of the second season his running stats will drop like crazy? I was thinking about calling him up as a running and/or defensive replacement depending on how my major league Twins do and if they need the help.

Also, Buxton is listed as 11 years old, how is that going to affect players' longevity? Does anyone know?

Thank you.

Next time, use tywiggins schedule updater to make the year and the ages of players to be accurate

Great, thank you!

One point of clarification:

Are you saying that minor leaguers, Buxton for example, have a certain expected growth which may be different from what the scouting report tells me? That's how I understood it...

I'll take a look at the schedule updater and see if I can get it going.

Thanks again.

Edited by hitting_help?