Japanese "Baby Metal" the new craze?

I was flipping through videos on youtube and came across two videos of differing genres, but both have one common theme.. cute girls playing their own intruments.. oh yeah, and they are Japanese..  This song in this video is a song that I feel can be added as a mod song, as it is catchy and pop-ish..

This video however, is more in your face rock, and its really cool.. These girls just came out I think in 2013 but released their CD last year.. I just bought both bands CD's at CDJapan..

Does anyone else have interesting bands such as these they would like to share?  Im interested in great music, it doesnt matter the genre.

I just thought Id share these with the forum

Music today is a bit erratic and all over the place.. especially when "singers" who cant sing get record deals.. cough cough KESIA..

But I was thinking this was something new I hadnt seen before..  I know there are tons of bands out there that are female driven, but since this was of Japanese influence, it peeked my curiosity.  The bands are not bad, I actually think they are quite good and talented.. Not over hyped and have their music written for them like some artists that are in the top 40.

its just seems so gimmicky to me, i mean Japanese baby metal.. lol that's totally has to be gimmicky

​I cant argue that BigRog  :D  but BandMaid is pretty good, the bassists totally rips it up, as well as the lead guitarist.. There is talent there.

But as for Waggaki Band, they are simply a band influenced based on old Kyoto culture.. Its amazing material and sound for a rock band and def not a gimmick.. You cant make a band and have it be gimmicky and have a sound as strong or as tight as they are, with as many different styles of intruments.. Some as old as the culture itself dating back 1000's of years.

Cool. So this could be the "music thread" or something.

If you're unfamiliar with Toro y Moi, I highly suggest giving him a listen. I'm just getting started with his music.

Check out this song if you haven't already. I can't get enough of it. This is just flat out amazing to me

Cool. So this could be the "music thread" or something.

If you're unfamiliar with Toro y Moi, I highly suggest giving him a listen. I'm just getting started with his music.

Check out this song if you haven't already. I can't get enough of it. This is just flat out amazing to me

Now this is interesting.. I have never heard of this group before.  I will def give it a closer look.  There is so many groups or artists that dont get publicity or even noticed because of so many crap bands or artists..