Errors with Windows 8

cubby928

Ok. Ill try and make this brief. Decided today it would be fun to play mvp 15 again. I had this game 10 years ago and it was and still is one of my favorites ever. Installed the game and ran into an error. DirectX 9 is needed. the problem is DR9 is only for XP and lower. I am on W8. I ran some downloads for Windows and finally got the game running. tried to install the MVP 15 mod and the same error came up. 05 is working perfectly fine. What can I do to, 1) ensure there are no problems with DR9, and 2) get the mod working? Thanks so much. 

​Same exact thing happens to me....have you figured it out yet?

​Nothing that I've done has made it work. I was trying to call up players and that works well. I got into a game last night and it ran for 16 innings. Lester pitched 14. lol. It hasn't been working today.

• 1 month later...

Don't remember who posted it or in what forum, but I have followed all suggestions for crashing problems on windows 8.1, 64 bit and for whatever reason I have to start playing immediately after startup otherwise I crash. If I've opened programs or games I know I'm going to crash so I just restart, as was the suggestion, and it works for me. Rarely, I have to restart twice, but it works for me. Hope this helps solve your problem!

• 2 months later...

Ok heres what I am doing, I have followed all directions from the link above.. I am in the process of installing with TiT. Come to find out I never installed TiT properly the last time, as it went to the folder that wasnt x86.. now that has been fixed, the mod is being installed without compatibility mode, so when everything is finished, I will post here if it worked or not... crossing my fingers

Ok I have loaded everything up and it seems to be playing normal. I havnt played any game all the way through as of yet, but as far as the instructions say, they are on point.. I have windows 8.1 and it does work as far as I can tell.. I will post more when I finally get around to playing a complete game.

Edited by DeuceBlades