MVP 15 End of Season Rosters Patch(es)

Gordo

Wasn't sure where else to put this. 

Here are patches for each of the end of season rosters for MVP15.  Simply unzip and overwrite the existing attrib.dat file.

These simply add 1st B mitts for Canha, Colabello, Morse, Bour and Travis Shaw.

MVP 15 end of season roster patch (no HR PCT).rar

MVP 15 end of season roster patch (regular).rar

Edited by Gordo

You have to be more clear.  Did you download the latest roster?  This is just a patch that fixes what I indicated.  Where are you looking for changes.  For example, if you have an on-going season/dynasty and you are looking there, they won't show.  You have to look in the roster management section, start a new season, or do an exhibition game.

Don't unzip and overwrite.  Delete the 19 .dat files in the database subfolder and then unzip the new rosters to that same location (I find organizing the folder by grouping is best).  Then apply the patch (optional).  (Make sure the game is NOT running while doing this).

If you open the rosters in the "roster management" or "manager's office", you should be able to view the roster changes in there.

Please explain where you're trying to view the new roster?  Also, do you have more than one install of MVP?  If so, make sure you're accessing the right version of the game.

The correct path is MVP15/data/database.  Right click on an open space inside that folder.  Select "group by" and then "type".  The folder will group the 19 .dat files.  Delete those.  Then unzip the new rosters into that same folder (don't worry about the patch for now).  Go into the game and view the rosters either in the roster management section or when you start an exhibition or NEW season game.

If this doesn't work.  Pray.

Edited by Gordo

• 2 weeks later...

Why are the minors so inaccurate? Some are completely missing an entire bullpen, while some have position players playing out of position..  Was this an over-site or did you focus on just the MLB teams?

I installed the last update and imported it into the mvpedit, and looked at the rosters all around, and found that teams like the isotopes have 5 starters and a closer, but no middle relief.. Its like that for most teams in the minors, or some have more than enough pitching, like 14 or 15 pitchers..  Its crazy.

Well, if you ever try to do a roster set, you'll see that as the season goes on and players are moved around, it could be like have a full time job keeping track of where everyone goes.  The game will fill in bullpens once you start a season.  In order to export rosters, you minimally have to have 5 starters and a closer.

Yes, I focused on MLB teams.  But, I didn't just moved them around.  I spent dozens and dozens of hours revamping pitchers and fielders in a variety of areas so as to try to emulate the real teams as best as possible.  I even re-imported players that were missing.

This is one of the main reasons I won't be doing rosters any longer (at least not for this site).  Besides a handful of people, by and large people don't appreciate what goes into it. 

aha, ok I understand.. wasnt sure if this was done purposely or if there would be an update later..  but thanks for the quick response.. I totally understand the immense undertaking of doing a roster.. kgbaseball used to do them back in the day, and he used to say it was almost a full time job.. Im going to try and work with these and get everyone back into line with the correct roster when I have time..  I like to try and have a roster as close to updated as possible, but with my dads funeral this past weekend, its been hard to do anything.

• 2 weeks later...

i did eactly what im suppose to phte the file for cpuc v cpu in the right place, but crashing atthe point where it goes to play the game. any thoughts.if puthe orignal back everthing working right

i have 10 going now just fine. i put the the files for this into the right place in the datebase folder, tried both ways overwrite and deleting the originals and replacing them the new once, both ways crash. that all im trying to add right now. 

so im not sure where to go.