Windows 10 - How to Regain Your Privacy

Gordo

I know there is a Windows 10/MVP thread, but I didn't want this to get lost in there in case people wanted this as a guide. Apparently, this guide was made off of a reddit post. Hope you find it useful.

Edited by Gordo

This was a very informative video, but I have to ask, is the solution to retaining your privacy with Windows 10 to theoretically, kinda-sorta airgap your machine?

In my honest opinion, Windows 8.1 is probably the best OS Microsoft has put out that I have never gotten frustrated with, IMO

I like 8.1, but I can't use it at work.  I'm forced to give administrator rights to all users so that some programs will work.  It defeats the purpose of having different types of accounts.  plus Family Safety doesn't work for domain users on 8.1.

Windows 8 was built for touch screen computers.  The lack of the Start button is primarily why (yes, I know you can install something that makes your W8 behave/look more like W7....but then what's the point?).  But also the shifting around of various shortcuts, the resting your mouse in the upper right corner to access other commands/fields..... just don't like the layout.  Different strokes.  However, this W10 news about invading your privacy if even some true is really underhanded by M$..... and you gotta figure some suit came up with this idea and was applauded.  Creepy.