How to get MVP Baseball 2005 to work on Windows 10

Brent2015

So Microsoft has removed a key component required to play MVP Baseball 2005 on Windows 10. For many, the game won't launch or throws up an error when they attempt to launch. Never fear, there is a solution! (thanks to www.twcenter.net, which is where I found this guide.)

A workaround is to copy secdrv.sys from a windows 8 / 8.1 machine, self sign the driver, and enter into testsigning boot mode.

You can do this manually or use 3rd party programs to do it.

First copy secdrv.sys from a windows 8 machine to c:\windows\system32\drivers. You can also download it at http://www.opendll.com/index.php?file-download=secdrv.sys&arch=64bit&version=4.3.86.0&dsc=Macrovision-SECURITY-Driver . Same file as the one I got from a vanilla windows 8.1 install v 4.3.86.0 md5 3ea8a16169c26afbeb544e0e48421186

Then self sign the driver. You can use a program Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider to do this: http://www.ngohq.com/?page=dseo

Or read about doing it yourself here. You will also need to make the certificate.

Then enable TESTSIGNING boot mode by opening an admin command prompt and typing: bcdedit -set testsigning on

Now safedisc games should work.

You will get an annoying watermark in testsigning mode. You can remove it using this program. Or read about removing it manually here.

I tested secdrv.sys and the above programs in Windows 10 Pro x64 and confirms that it does work.

This guide worked for me, and I hope it works for you too!

• 8 months later...

So Microsoft has removed a key component required to play MVP Baseball 2005 on Windows 10. For many, the game won't launch or throws up an error when they attempt to launch. Never fear, there is a solution! (thanks to www.twcenter.net, which is where I found this guide.)

A workaround is to copy secdrv.sys from a windows 8 / 8.1 machine, self sign the driver, and enter into testsigning boot mode.

You can do this manually or use 3rd party programs to do it.

First copy secdrv.sys from a windows 8 machine to c:\windows\system32\drivers. You can also download it at http://www.opendll.com/index.php?file-download=secdrv.sys&arch=64bit&version=4.3.86.0&dsc=Macrovision-SECURITY-Driver . Same file as the one I got from a vanilla windows 8.1 install v 4.3.86.0 md5 3ea8a16169c26afbeb544e0e48421186

Then self sign the driver. You can use a program Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider to do this: http://www.ngohq.com/?page=dseo

Or read about doing it yourself here. You will also need to make the certificate.

Then enable TESTSIGNING boot mode by opening an admin command prompt and typing: bcdedit -set testsigning on

Now safedisc games should work.

You will get an annoying watermark in testsigning mode. You can remove it using this program. Or read about removing it manually here.

I tested secdrv.sys and the above programs in Windows 10 Pro x64 and confirms that it does work.

This guide worked for me, and I hope it works for you too!

Updating this. Now that the Windows 10 free upgrade period is almost over, just going to say: It's 100% not worth your time/money to buy Windows 10 and attempt to run MVP 05 on it. It's a total hassle that results in a best case scenario of graphics problems and stuttering. At this point, just either stay on 7, or install XP alongside 10. I've chosen to go with the Windows 7 route, and I am enjoying it.

1. I can't imagine doing this.  Seems like a major pain in the ass

2. There is already a Windows 10 thread

3. There's no need to quote yourself.  Just edit your initial posting

4. I've already said what you said in your second posting in the W10 thread

5. Welcome to the site

• 4 years later...
5 minutes ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

One thing I can say, he's persistent.  😄

Yeah, like a toothache. 😀

9 hours ago, master89 said:

Can Anyone Help Me Install and Run Start MVP BASEBALL 2005 PC In My WINDOWS 10 Computer ?

You responded to a four-year-old thread that has already served its purpose. If you read closer in the third post in this thread you would have come across this sentence. There is already a Windows 10 thread. That should have told you that there is a thread already created that covers Windows 10, Mvp baseball and the problems mixing those two things together.

What you need to do from here on out -and this I tell to every new user here and not only you- is whatever question you have you should search the forums because I promise you that anything that people have had trouble with over the years with this game has already been covered.