Grass editing

tomba

5 hours ago, tomba said:

Can anyone explain to me which is which and what does what? Im did about 4 hrs of trail and error and need some help.

Im mainly having an issue with beable to get correct lighting off of the texture i put in...

It works fine everywhere except when your are from the batters cameras.  i have lighting that scrolls to the outfeild and doesnt catch the grass texture and instead look more washed out.

Im intrigued... show some screenshots please if you could or be a little more specific

2 hours ago, tomba said:

I used the reg texture editor and it works well enough for me. hd textures dont mean much without proper lighting models. and then theres another wish thye edit of the lighting model.

But there is somethign to say  about MLB 2K12's longevity. the Total Mod had 30000 downloads.

If 2k kept up their license or vice versa theyd STILL have a following.

30000 dl's of a pc edit translates to probably half a mil console sales....

Yea its actually quite amazing.  Everyone did a hell of a job. I can't even elaborate enough on how much I appreciate our 2K modders.   I know Kccitystar has been trying to alter lighting files for some time with no luck.  To me this game looks phenomenal compared to its vanilla install.

44 minutes ago, tomba said:

well i hit a roadblock. while some stadium iff files open others do not in the mlb texture editor. heck if im going with vlad redmc as his stuff always lads toa  virus.

Any trick? seems like only the stadiums edited by dasteelers cant be modified? perhaps he locked those files?

No not locked... I actually prefer the darker grass myself. I never even touched the grass at all on any of my stadiums. Looks good. Youll notice a lot of files may give you a hard time so just keep at it

7 hours ago, tomba said:

HMMM "just keep at it"?

More like keep getting frustrated...

You must have modded the grass as your mod from 2014 for yankees stadium even looks just like the total mod one...?

Im only hitting the rodablock with your iff stadium files.

I can only successfully pull up 15/30 teams from within the Total Mod.

DLing them seprately from the download section (if they are yours) dont work either.

Kinda messed up alot of my texture work was being worked with like 3 stadiums thinking they all worked....

GUTTED

Once a file has been opened with RedMC it cant me modded in any other program. Thats how it was designed. Nothing dasteelerz did.

2 hours ago, raidersbball20 said:

Once a file has been opened with RedMC it cant me modded in any other program. Thats how it was designed. Nothing dasteelerz did.

*issue resolved"

Edited by tomba
*issue resolved"

Yeah, keep at it like anyone else... don't accuse me of "locking" the files, lol... I said I didn't touch the grass, maybe raiders did on other parks. Some of the parks I did pre Red MC have picklebrads grass from when I was using the other texture editor. So next time just ask questions or just "keep at it" instead of accusing me. Haha.. your work looks good so far.. the work put into it by the community is free so calm your tits.. :lol: I have no reason to "block" anyone from working on grasses or anything but it's kind to ask someone before using their work... 

I take the stock stadium file and modify JUST THE GRASS with the 3DM editor or the 2K12 texture editor (it's identical, I just switched a few things around and changed all of the Chinese strings to English).

Strangely enough it is able to be imported into RedMC with the grass changes afterward and you can edit the "Stadium" and "Vista" normally. Now, after making changes on RedMC, you WILL NOT be able to re-edit the files again since RedMC recompiles the *.iff files in a way that cannot be imported into any of the editors except RedMC. 

Shoutout to Raidersbball20 for the method.

Lastly, we're the last guys you'd think to lock anything. We've been saying that our content here is free to use for a really long time lol

3 hours ago, DaSteelerz said:

Yeah, keep at it like anyone else... don't accuse me of "locking" the files, lol... I said I didn't touch the grass, maybe raiders did on other parks. Some of the parks I did pre Red MC have picklebrads grass from when I was using the other texture editor. So next time just ask questions or just "keep at it" instead of accusing me. Haha.. your work looks good so far.. the work put into it by the community is free so calm your tits.. :lol: I have no reason to "block" anyone from working on grasses or anything but it's kind to ask someone before using their work... 

I HAVE TO EXTEND MY APOLOGIES.. hopefully me deleting my initial posts is proof of that. Firstly, DaSteelerz...after reviewing basically all file contents from the original 2k game, the toal mod and then individual mods placed here in the downloads section by yourself and others all i can say is...

Thank You. Honestly the work that was done is stellar. DaSteelers your stadiums are amazingly thought out with their ad placement and effects to environments . One in particular is Camden park. the trees in the back are awesome looking now from the stock game and i see you did that with Coors field as well. Many applause. also, i saw that YOU DID keep all the grass textures intact from the original gamea nd again my sincere thanks in keeping those textures intact while you editing the rest of the game... It was me playing with the yankees and two other random teams that were edited by picklebrad(shout out to pickle cuz his fxaatool worked for me finally!) and not yours that i was making a comment on in general about grass color. Your stadiums edits and how they leave OUT the textures being redone make the game more real looking as the default 2k grass textures are real decent for the time(even more clear than the roster update of MLB 16 thats coming out....meant as a dig @# MLB The Show16materiallightingedit).

In really looking over files. I saw that  DaSteelers satdium files kept the game grass quality integrity intact . so as a comprise Ive redone all stadiums from the Total Mod to have 2ks original grass texture, this way it allows to keep DaSteelerz great stadium work along with picklebrads . My main complaint was grass color and after being able to realize that 2ks original textures(left intact in DaSteelerz stadium edits) i figure the BEST place to start is to make the grass within ALL stadiums uniform... This way this edit looks CLEAN throughout my playtime of MLB 2k15.

This all took a while to process and probably about 24hrs of work within the last 3 days LOL...8 , 8 and 8 LOLOLOL, BUT! i'm REALLY happy with the games grass now with this minor tweak...

I'd rather have 2k's original grass throught out the game then to have say 10/25 having say MY edit., so i wont be updating the grass textures(unless there is a way to actually use the reg MLB 2K texture editor to do it(its just SO simple! is why)

So again to DaSteelerz My tits are calm for this upcoming baseball season...unless your taking about Uptons which never are! ba da bump!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

54 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

I take the stock stadium file and modify JUST THE GRASS with the 3DM editor or the 2K12 texture editor (it's identical, I just switched a few things around and changed all of the Chinese strings to English).

Strangely enough it is able to be imported into RedMC with the grass changes afterward and you can edit the "Stadium" and "Vista" normally. Now, after making changes on RedMC, you WILL NOT be able to re-edit the files again since RedMC recompiles the *.iff files in a way that cannot be imported into any of the editors except RedMC. 

Shoutout to Raidersbball20 for the method.

Lastly, we're the last guys you'd think to lock anything. We've been saying that our content here is free to use for a really long time lol

Again Ive extended my apologie to DaSteelerz Next time I post it will hopefully be with a  big as a contribution as he and you have done over the past 2 years.

All The Best

Tomba

1 hour ago, tomba said:

I HAVE TO EXTEND MY APOLOGIES.. hopefully me deleting my initial posts is proof of that. Firstly, DaSteelerz...after reviewing basically all file contents from the original 2k game, the toal mod and then individual mods placed here in the downloads section by yourself and others all i can say is...

Thank You. Honestly the work that was done is stellar. DaSteelers your stadiums are amazingly thought out with their ad placement and effects to environments . One in particular is Camden park. the trees in the back are awesome looking now from the stock game and i see you did that with Coors field as well. Many applause. also, i saw that YOU DID keep all the grass textures intact from the original gamea nd again my sincere thanks in keeping those textures intact while you editing the rest of the game... It was me playing with the yankees and two other random teams that were edited by picklebrad(shout out to pickle cuz his fxaatool worked for me finally!) and not yours that i was making a comment on in general about grass color. Your stadiums edits and how they leave OUT the textures being redone make the game more real looking as the default 2k grass textures are real decent for the time(even more clear than the roster update of MLB 16 thats coming out....meant as a dig @# MLB The Show16materiallightingedit).

In really looking over files. I saw that  DaSteelers satdium files kept the game grass quality integrity intact . so as a comprise Ive redone all stadiums from the Total Mod to have 2ks original grass texture, this way it allows to keep DaSteelerz great stadium work along with picklebrads . My main complaint was grass color and after being able to realize that 2ks original textures(left intact in DaSteelerz stadium edits) i figure the BEST place to start is to make the grass within ALL stadiums uniform... This way this edit looks CLEAN throughout my playtime of MLB 2k15.

This all took a while to process and probably about 24hrs of work within the last 3 days LOL...8 , 8 and 8 LOLOLOL, BUT! i'm REALLY happy with the games grass now with this minor tweak...

I'd rather have 2k's original grass throught out the game then to have say 10/25 having say MY edit., so i wont be updating the grass textures(unless there is a way to actually use the reg MLB 2K texture editor to do it(its just SO simple! is why)

So again to DaSteelerz My tits are calm for this upcoming baseball season...unless your taking about Uptons which never are! ba da bump!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Again Ive extended my apologie to DaSteelerz Next time I post it will hopefully be with a  big as a contribution as he and you have done over the past 2 years.

All The Best

Tomba

Awesome. Apology accepted, welcome to the club. I told ya to just keep at it, man and you'll figure it out more and more. Looking forward to your contributions hopefully in the future, bud.