Fielder's range

tomk30816

I notice in a new roster I'm using, that the fielders range is set to 25 for all players.  Is there a universal global edit that can be used to increase the range of all players?   I have gone into the game and increased a couple teams' players to 75 and seems to be playing fairly accurate.  I have tried using the MLB 2K12 roster edit, using the global edit to change the range number to 75, but it corrupts the roster or franchise file when I start the game, thank God I had a backup, lol.  Thank you for any assistance.

1 hour ago, tomk30816 said:

I notice in a new roster I'm using, that the fielders range is set to 25 for all players.  Is there a universal global edit that can be used to increase the range of all players?   I have gone into the game and increased a couple teams' players to 75 and seems to be playing fairly accurate.  I have tried using the MLB 2K12 roster edit, using the global edit to change the range number to 75, but it corrupts the roster or franchise file when I start the game, thank God I had a backup, lol.  Thank you for any assistance.

I'm not sure about the first part of the question if there is a global setting or what the technique would be to massively update that all at once, but the roster has since been updated with a higher range option. Check the upload again.

I'm asking is there an easier way to globally editor the range setting for all fielders that is set at 25?  Or do you need to edit each player individually?  I'm referring to Headtrip47's opening day 2017 roster.  Don't know what roster you are referring to DaSteelerz.

Hello @tomk30816 to improve the level of the game you can also configure the slider option. Where you can increase player contact and power the speed of running on bases and skills in infield and outfield. This you can configure for both the cpu and the user who in this case is you. regards

@Bostonnico:  I have done that and I'm aware of those sliders.  When the player range is set at 25 with the player sliders in game, the players let everything go by them outside the range of approx. 4-5 feet.  I've been playing this game since MLB2K11,  if you go into the GM tab and look at the roster section for all teams, then edit a player, there is a range slider for his abilities.   All the players ratings are approx. 70 and above.  The roster I'm using has all player ratings at 25.   I was looking for a global edit that could at least bump them up to an arbitrary 75.  I did this with two teams and it worked out well.  I was hoping I didn't have to do it for all the player on all the teams.  The global edit in the MLB2k12 roster editor corrupts the roster of franchise file if you use the global edit.  At one time, you could do that but not now.  Thanks for your suggestions and input.

6 hours ago, tomk30816 said:

I'm asking is there an easier way to globally editor the range setting for all fielders that is set at 25?  Or do you need to edit each player individually?  I'm referring to Headtrip47's opening day 2017 roster.  Don't know what roster you are referring to DaSteelerz.

I'm referring to that roster. Go check it again, he updated it with a roster with higher range.

Archived