Updating the game for 2017

tinpanalley

So, basically, do you have to get the 2K15 mod and then grab bits here and there to update properly to 2017? Or is it better to avoid the 2K15 mod altogether and just get whatever new bits are available and a roster that is known not to crash? Just wanna play around with the latest updates.

Thanks!

Well this is what I mean about updating the game. The Mvp 15 mod is a very good one but some people have reported it to be kind of unstable (crashing.) I've had it happen to me but it still runs fine and I will say it again, the mod is outstanding.

But here is what I did. Did you see that Mvp 17 mod that was just released? I grabbed that one and I am going to customize that one to my own liking. Here's how.

1. I will substitute the FEENG.LOC and the IGENG.LOC from another mod so it has the words in English and all I have to do is go into Loclook and change the song titles to the ones I put in. I will use the Ditty Importer to insert the songs that I want.

2. I am using this mod because it has the most up-to-date cyberfaces.

3. Now using EA graph or the TiT program I plan on taking out the horseshit uniforms they put in and replacing them with some classic ones that we have in the download section.

4. I will then add my own photos and CTS screen to the game to customize it even more.

How's that? :)

1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

Well this is what I mean about updating the game...

How's that? :)

That's perfect man. Sounds fantastic. I haven't seen that MVP17 mod but I'm sure I can find it. How do you know it won't crash in franchise though? Just good reviews?
And as long as the replacing of those files is that straightforward, I'd love to try that too. It sounds like those replace in-game text? I don't know what they are.

23 minutes ago, tinpanalley said:

That's perfect man. Sounds fantastic. I haven't seen that MVP17 mod but I'm sure I can find it. How do you know it won't crash in franchise though? Just good reviews?

Here is the mod I was talking about. You download it in twelve parts.

I don't know if it will crash in franchise mode because (1) I didn't try it and (2) I did not plan to since I never used franchise mode at all. True story.

26 minutes ago, tinpanalley said:

And as long as the replacing of those files is that straightforward, I'd love to try that too. It sounds like those replace in-game text? I don't know what they are.

Yes. Loclook will replace the in-game text. I grabbed those two files from another mod and all I had to do then was replace the music they had with songs worth listening to. :D

**** This is as of the 2017 playoffs, for people possibly coming across this several months from now ****

Just in case anyone is interested, I thought it might be useful to update this with the info I found from downloading and trying several, several, different files.
This worked for me to get to a "2K17" as smoothly as possible.

1. I started with the @raidersbball20 2K15 mod. Works perfectly, plays nicely.
2. I added the @raidersbball20 2K17 Frontend. Perfect touch up to make the game look up to date.
3. After an exhaustive exploration of roster files created after 2015, and were claiming to at LEAST be from Opening Day 2017, I settled on this "End Of Season MLB 1.3.1" roster by @oxidax. It's extraordinarily well researched and thorough and represents a good snapshot of teams at the end of the 2017 season.
4. I added a Blue Jays portrait pack but haven't tried any others yet.

Issues:
Portraits - the problem is that without knowing what roster they've used or what portrait set they're building from you can download a portrait pack that assumes you already have prior ones. If you've started from the 2015 mod, I don't know what to do to get ALL portraits up to date. I imagine trying them all would be necessary. I'll update if I find one or a combination that works well.

Cybers - I don't play 2K for the cybers. I'm happy with portraits and names, but I do hope to explore cybers a bit more and update here if I find one or a combination that works well.

Schedule - I have yet to find a way to get a 2017 schedule for the game. There is a roster with a 2017 schedule but I can't get Reditor to work in exporting the schedule to CSV and importing it to the above roster.

6 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

Thanks for downloading it and Im glad you liked it. @jeferomer @junior1617 were working on updating the stats and the faces but they are currently MIA ever since I launched the roster. I know they must be busy with their personal lives but I cant tell you what the status is with that. Everybody else since to have bailed from this website from what I can tell, though. 

1 hour ago, oxidax said:

Thanks for downloading it and Im glad you liked it. @jeferomer @junior1617 were working on updating the stats and the faces but they are currently MIA ever since I launched the roster. I know they must be busy with their personal lives but I cant tell you what the status is with that. Everybody else since to have bailed from this website from what I can tell, though. 

Well that's a shame. I took the rosters and got the correct 25-man for every team in the playoffs (and the Blue Jays for me) so that I could play a playoff through the winter whenever I want.
I would have loved to have inserted the 2017 schedule from another roster file into yours but Reditor won't work for me. Maybe because I only have the trial version. This roster is pretty good though. Without being able to make rookies (because I just don't know how) I would say it would even be pretty good to play with next year just by doing the transactions from this coming off-season.

Archived