Xbox Support?

Timmy Squibbles

Check the downloads for your answer. The last time anything was uploaded was three years ago (a conversion tool) and the last time any mod was made was almost eight years ago. So I'd have to say that the mods for the Xbox version of the game and the people who make them have gone in separate directions, probably permanently.

On 3/28/2018 at 7:37 PM, Timmy Squibbles said:

Just curious to know if there is anyone is still showing any love to the Xbox version of the game.

Yes, I've been working diligently on an Xbox roster.  These will play on an unmodded Xbox.  You will be able to play a season/dynasty/owner mode with no freezing on a modded Xbox.  If you need help modding an original Xbox, Google it.  It's really simple and all you have to have is a copy of Splinter Cell.

• 3 weeks later...

Thing is, he won't be able to simply export from an unmodded Xbox and make it for public consumption, I do not believe.  This is why there was a guy here recently offering to have guys send him their mem cards and he'll upload it there.  This is why modding your Xbox is preferred.  I had one a while back and I could kick myself for selling it.

Yeah, he'll be better off exporting a file via FTP from a modded console. I think the only other way is with an Action Replay. And then you have to find the homebrew software from like 14 years ago that allowed you to access those files on your computer so you could send them to someone or post them online. Way easier probably to just soft-mod a console. But we won't talk about that here.

Yes, you'll need to softmod if you plan on playing a Dynasty/Owner mode.  If not, you'll have to have an Action Replay so you can upload the .ros to the memory card and load it up on your Xbox.  But, you'll only be able to play Exhibition without any crashes.  I don't know why, but it ALWAYS crashes around April 15th on my 2 Xboxes when trying to play a Dynasty.

With a modded Xbox, you can FTP the 19 files (which is compressed into a database.big file) and overwrite the default database.big file and boom.  Works like a charm.  No freezing/crashing.  No cyberfaces; just the ordinary faces (901-915), but you can play this wonderful baseball game.

I can upload the current database.big file I have with the current rosters (pretty close to Gordo's) but not as extensive as his.  BTW, I haven't had a lot of time on my hands lately, but I've been meaning to message you, Gordo, to discuss some things as far having your permission to do such since you've spent a tremendous time in putting these rosters together.

* I also have all of the portraits that have been uploaded here converted to XBox so you can upload that particular .big file, and you'll have Portraits added in your game.

Hey bagwell, sure, if you're using the rosters as a base for conversion to those that may still use the original Xbox and have it modded, do it up!

As far as the April 15 crash, it could be that suspensions, trades and injuries are on.  Experiment with those off at the start of a season.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2018 at 7:45 AM, bagwell4ever said:

Yes, you'll need to softmod if you plan on playing a Dynasty/Owner mode.  If not, you'll have to have an Action Replay so you can upload the .ros to the memory card and load it up on your Xbox.  But, you'll only be able to play Exhibition without any crashes.  I don't know why, but it ALWAYS crashes around April 15th on my 2 Xboxes when trying to play a Dynasty.

With a modded Xbox, you can FTP the 19 files (which is compressed into a database.big file) and overwrite the default database.big file and boom.  Works like a charm.  No freezing/crashing.  No cyberfaces; just the ordinary faces (901-915), but you can play this wonderful baseball game.

I can upload the current database.big file I have with the current rosters (pretty close to Gordo's) but not as extensive as his.  BTW, I haven't had a lot of time on my hands lately, but I've been meaning to message you, Gordo, to discuss some things as far having your permission to do such since you've spent a tremendous time in putting these rosters together.

* I also have all of the portraits that have been uploaded here converted to XBox so you can upload that particular .big file, and you'll have Portraits added in your game.

Hi bagwell4ever,

I have a modded Xbox and looking to get back into the MVP game. I've FTP'd mods to the game in the past so not entirely a newbie but it's been a long time. Are you saying I can FTP the 19 files for the PC roster to the Xbox HD and that will do the trick? Or do I need Xbox-specific file(s)? I'd mostly just be using it in exhibition to play against friends rather than doing a dynasty/season so I'm not overly concerned about the freezing in those modes if it means getting updated rosters!

Thanks in advance!

Josh

• 4 months later...
On 3/30/2018 at 12:11 AM, bagwell4ever said:

Yes, I've been working diligently on an Xbox roster.  These will play on an unmodded Xbox.  You will be able to play a season/dynasty/owner mode with no freezing on a modded Xbox.  If you need help modding an original Xbox, Google it.  It's really simple and all you have to have is a copy of Splinter Cell.

Hello, I just found this and I would love an Xbox MVP 05 updated 2018 roster. Did you ever finish working on this? Thanks!

Archived