2018 Roster

Creaghorn

Hi,

don't want to sound rude, because I know how much work there is involved in making rosters, faces etc. Just out of eagerness and excitement, two questions:

Is there an updated 2018 roster to be expected soon?

Max Kepler cyberface causes crashes (with others, too, as far as I have seen). Is this fixed? Haven't found anything regarding that. If not, how can one change his face back to some stock face, while the overall roster and faces stay intact?

Cheers

I can't comment about and updated roster, but to change the face, import the roster files  from the MVP Baseball 2005\data\database folder into MVPEdit, find Kepler and in the "Appearances" tab in MVPEdit, change his Face number to one of the generic ones (probably 901 - 903).  After that, export the roster files back to the game's MVP Baseball 2005\data\database folder.  Only Kepler's face will have changed.  Everything else will be intact.

• 4 months later...

What you see is what you get in the downloads.  The only 2018 total conversion mod is or would be done through MVPCaribe.  As far as full minor league levels, you're welcome to take my roster and have at it.  It's a massive amount of work and you'll have trouble figuring out who to keep on only a 25 man roster.  Good luck.

He's right, it takes a colossal amount of time. I started slowly updating a couple of milb teams and put everything on hold for now, at least until the rosters are a little less dynamic.

To begin with, this is a terrible time to be updating milb rosters. Many regulars are injured, many will get released, some will get traded or sent down, and it is also difficult to calculate accurate player ratings halfway through the season. 

And that's just for starters.

You should prepare yourself for the fact that 65% (probably more) of the players currently playing AA and especially advanced A will not even be playing at that level in a couple of years. 

So how much time is one willing to invest into this juggernaut is the big question.

As mentioned above, there is talk of an updated version possibly in the near future from the guys at MVP Caribe (using Gordo's MLB rosters as a base and A-Rod's official IDs).

Archived