A glimpse at Stratomatic

tinpanalley

Reminds me a bit of "Thinking Man's Football" (such a cool name), which used dice as well, but did not rely on real players, just situations and "best guesses".  The game was actually featured in the movie "Brian's Song" as well.

You can actually still buy this on Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/Thinking-Mans-Football-Sports-Games/dp/B005FN5250

It would basically use a calculator and you would gain or lose depending on of course how you would roll the dice and if the defense selected the correct shift or not versus your play.

1 hour ago, Gordo said:

It would basically use a calculator and you would gain or lose depending on of course how you would roll the dice and if the defense selected the correct shift or not versus your play.

I never owned the game myself but someone I knew did and they really enjoyed it. I played a different board game years ago but this one really is a good one.

1 hour ago, tomba said:

nah i want an official mlb 2k18 patch with new stadiums etc

And I'm lost here too.

This isn't the appropriate thread for this but I went to the Tabletop Baseball Game forums to talk about PC text-based games and at first people didn't reply at all, probably because of the length of my question. Yeah, I'm wordy in forums, so be it. I'm also really thorough and tend to spark conversation. Anyway, turns out I've had a bunch of regulars now tell me it's one of the best threads they've read. I was trying to understand why people play the PC text-based games they play and how they determine realism and accuracy. You get all kinds of course, the "that's stupid, why would you want accuracy", the "depends what you mean by realistic", the ones that are fan-boys for one thing or another, etc etc.
If anyone's interested, I'll share the link by PM. I'm not gonna start a thread to share a thread from another forum.

Archived