Ultimate Roster Project (PC,Xbox,PS2)

llcmac

Is there any way to fix the (null) problem that exists on some of the rosters (MS Braves, Akron, Ark Travelers, CS Sky Sox, Jax Suns, Reading, and SL Stingers)? I know it can be done on MVPedit by simply moving someone around in the rotation or altering some other file, but is there anything that can be done about this for us console gamers?

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any way to fix the (null) problem that exists on some of the rosters (MS Braves, Akron, Ark Travelers, CS Sky Sox, Jax Suns, Reading, and SL Stingers)? I know it can be done on MVPedit by simply moving someone around in the rotation or altering some other file, but is there anything that can be done about this for us console gamers?

What's the "null" problem?

Guys I'd like to help you with these rosters but I only have the XBOX version and have no idea how to do the mod stuff even if I had the PC version. If there's anyway I can help with the XBOX version and send you stuff let me know... or if I can just help look up information for you to help with the minors I could do that as well. I'm already using your rosters and I think they're really good and you did some good work, just trying to give back to take some of the load off. Let me know what I can do...

Just some random corrections ive noticed first time through the rosters.

Brian Baubach is on the mets now

Ian kinsler is white and i beleive he is the top 100 rangers prospect at ss

Mark Ellis of the a's Should be Imported

It should be Dan Johnson on the a's and not don johnson (sounds like someone has been watching to much miami vice)

Denny Hocking is now on the royals and not the rockies

what is wrong with wil nieves, he has no hot or cold zones and all his attributes are 50's

Wiki Gonzalez should be imported

Garret Atkins of the rockies could use a boost in the offensive department

Aubrey Huff is moving to left field on a permanent basis

Jr House has been releaseb by the pirates

Nate Bland Should be imported

Dan Reichart Should Be imported

In the angels AA there are 2 pitchers with 1 pitch a 36 rated fastball and also there is a 3b in the setup role

Import les walrond of the marlins he was on the royals last year

Matt Diaz should be on the royals and not orioles ( he choose to become a free agent than join the o's)

Jack Cressend is now on red sox from the indians

Chimp ambres should be imported to the red sox

on Minnesota Trey hodges, brent abernathy, and jason tyner need to be imported

Graham koonce should be imported to the pirates

joe dawley is now on the padres from the indians.

More Reds CAPs

Thomas Pauly

Position: P

Height: 6-1

Weight: 195

Bats: R

Throws: R

Born: July 28,1981

Pauly_HS.jpg

pauly_zoom.jpg

Steve Kelly

Position: P

Height: 6-1

Weight: 195

Bats: R

Throws: R

Born: September 30,1979

Place: Cincinnati,OH

Can't find any pictures so far, Reds fans got a pic?

RH Steve Kelly (12-7, 2.96 ERA; 28 GS, 161.1 IP, 156 H, 48 BB, 116 K, 12 HR) turned out to be the Lookouts’ best starter, taking every turn in the rotation, making the All-Star team, showing excellent control, and keeping the ball in the park. Kelly’s age-25 season will commence at Louisville in the spring, and although the former fourth-round pick out of Georgia Tech and Cincinnati native does not impress scouts with power stuff, his know-how and consistency will get him a big-league shot if he continues to produce subsequent results as good as 2004.

Guys, when I sent the Anaheim affiliates files in, I noted that lineups/rotations would have to be double-checked (I spent many hours on the rosters/player edits, but totally forgot about doing a final check of the lineups/rotations). So that is likely why there is a "null" problem in Salt Lake Stingers (AAA) and Arkansas Travelers (AA)...because their lineups need to be fixed.

For the longest time I was wondering why I was getting so many errors in MVPEdit when my lineups looked all filled in. Now that I know the problem and how to fix it, we should be error-free when it comes to the "null" issue from now on.

What about Dontrelle Willis and Kyle Farnsworth? Neither of those guys should be plump. Understood on Fielder.

I haven't had a chance to check so sorry if these have already been done.

Add Jose Capellan to the "should be slimmer" category. This might make his face a little less chubby, but if not, Face 10, Hair 5, Facial Hair 1 seems to fit him. He's one of my favorite prospects and it stinks to see him so far off.

Out of curiousity, could you guys take Manny's hairstyle and give it to Hanley Ramirez...or Damon's long hair and make a blonde version for Craig Wilson?? I'm a PS2 user not familar with MVPedit, just thought that would be amazing.

Out of curiousity, could you guys take Manny's hairstyle and give it to Hanley Ramirez...or Damon's long hair and make a blonde version for Craig Wilson?? I'm a PS2 user not familar with MVPedit, just thought that would be amazing.

The unique hairstyles of MVP are actually part of the face, if I'm not mistaken. So there isn't actually a special hairstyle you can give to a player. The best thing you can do is find a face modder on here and make a request.

:!: Need Your Help! :!:

I'm still working on my missing players list that I had posted earlier in the thread...Since update 3.3 I've created another 28 players as well as creating a ton of guys for the Cubs (thanks miget33!)...But I am still missing 10 guys (or parts of guys) who I really want to finish. So if any of you guys can post pics, stats, pitch types etc or if you have made or found a really good CAP already for one of these guys, please share!

Colorado

P-Marcos Carvajal

P-Matt Merricks

Florida

P-Luke Hagarty

1B-Jason Stokes

Houston

P-Taylor Buchholz (Pics Only)

LA Dodgers

P-D.J. Houlton

P-Derek Thompson

Minnesota

P-Ryan Rowland-Smith

Oakland

P-Keiichi Yabu

Tampa Bay

P-Angel Garcia (Pics Only)

I'd really like all these guys to be ready to go for update 3.4....

Also, keep on letting me in on players who are not in 2005 but were in 2004 and still playing today! If these guys lived in the minors last year and aren't on the 40 man roster this spring, then I don't have a clue who to import!

The unique hairstyles of MVP are actually part of the face, if I'm not mistaken. So there isn't actually a special hairstyle you can give to a player. The best thing you can do is find a face modder on here and make a request.

Add Jose Capellan to the "should be slimmer" category. This might make his face a little less chubby, but if not, Face 10, Hair 5, Facial Hair 1 seems to fit him. He's one of my favorite prospects and it stinks to see him so far off.

Speaking of the hair style..Craig Wilson cut his hair so he doesn't have long hair anymore

If someone made a cyber face for say Hanley Ramirez and you used it for your roster set, would it carry over normally when converted for the PS2? I was under the impression that guys like Barry Bonds and top prospects would not be getting faces this year because you couldn't link something that's not originally there. Again, console user here, sorry if this is a stupid follow up!

Right, as far as I know, the faces don't carry over to console, because they aren't actually included in our rosters. Our rosters only link the players to which face they would use. Now I've see that you can convert stadiums from PC to console, so if you can do the same with an updated models.big file that has had the new faces added to them, then you could have new faces. But I know nothing about converting from PC-console, so I'm no help...

hyp-

found this stuff about j. arnold in two different articles:

Arnold, 23, already was involved in a huge, complicated deal this year, going from New York to Oakland in July in a three-team trade that netted the Yankees Jeff Weaver from Detroit. A second-round pick out of Central Florida in 2001, Arnold has gone 20-6 and reached Double-A in 1 1/2 years as a pro. He possesses superior game sense and instinctively knows how to vary his pitching patterns to set up hitters. In addition to his effective 88-91 mph fastball, he throws two different palmballs that serve as changeups. One floats and the other dives, and Arnold will throw them at any time in the count. His slider is too flat and needs refinement. Some scouts believe he projects more as a reliever than a starter, though he has excelled in the latter role. Arnold went 13-4, 2.61 in 26 starts between high Class A and Double-A this year, with 154 strikeouts and 51 walks in 155 innings. Opponents batted just .218 against him.

Dec. 16 update: Arnold was confirmed as the player to be named.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/news/021215durazo.html

Q: Tom McCullough from York PA asks:

Do you have a progress report on Jason Arnold? Thanks.

A: Michael Levesque: Arnold has been okay in the AFL. He has added a split that the Jays hope will be an out pitch

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/chat/041118wk.html

looking for jenks right now

here's some stuff on jenks:

Scouting report

Physically, Jenks has everything. His fastball can reach 100 mph on a good day, and even on a "bad" day it's in the 94-96 range, with movement. It was allegedly clocked at 102 mph in 2001. He also has an excellent curveball, and he's learned to throw strikes with it. He even has a good changeup that he's starting to use more. With three plus pitches, Jenks can overpower just about anyone when he keeps the ball in the strike zone. His biggest problem has been mechanics. While his delivery is smooth when done correctly, he doesn't always repeat it well, leading to control problems and concerns about injury. Jenks made huge strides in 2003, learning how to change speeds more effectively and keep people off balance, making a transition from thrower to pitcher. He still has work to do improving his command, but progress has been considerable. Jenks is a big guy, and still needs work on the finer points of fielding his position and holding runners. His work habits are erratic, sometimes good and sometimes not. He is not a rocket scientist and never will be, but he's shown flashes of good pitching instincts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=1655589

E. Astacio:

Stats: http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/players/playerpage/448400

Scouting:

CAMP SURPRISE: Ezequiel Astacio has emerged as a sixth candidate for the fifth starter's job this spring. He might not make the opening day rotation, but he has a good chance to join the club early in the season, thanks to an explosive fastball and control that is tops in the organization

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3443898

righthanded prospect Ezequiel Astacio has just enough zip in his slider, splitter and 96-mph fastball to have an outside chance to break camp with the major-league club.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3048339

Taylor Buchholz :

stats: http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/players/playerpage/448403

Top Prospect: Taylor Buchholz, RHP

Drafted: HS—Springfield, Pa., 2000 (6th round)

Signed by: Ken Hultzapple (Phillies)

Strengths: Buchholz’ signature pitch is a hard curveball he picked up in low Class A in 2001. One scout compared its quality and his feel for it to Josh Beckett’s and Kerry Wood’s, while Phillies assistant general manager Mike Arbuckle said Buchholz’ curve could be one of the five best in the National League within a few years. He throws the bender at 76-79 mph, and can change speeds off it to further befuddle hitters. Buchholz also has a quality fastball that sits in the low 90s, touches 95 mph and has heavy life. He’ll flash an average changeup at times. He has a strong, durable frame that has held up well through 78 starts over the last three seasons. He shows good poise on the mound and never let a lack of run support fluster him at Double-A Reading.

Weaknesses: Buchholz succeeds so easily with his fastball and curve that he hasn’t thrown his changeup much. He needs to use it more often to improve its quality and command. He pitched with bone chips in his elbow in 2003, but the problem resolved itself without surgery. Buchholz doesn’t always trust his natural stuff and will try to overthrow. Then his front shoulder flies open in his delivery and he leaves pitches up in the strike zone. He needs to do a better job of holding baserunners.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/featu...10s/astros.html

A. Garcia:

stats: http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/players/playerpage/535072

scouting: According to reports, Garcia is like many pitchers in the Tommy John recovery process because his velocity has returned but his command lags behind. He was reported to be throwing in the low 90s and touching 95 mph with a good changeup.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/news/...14rulefive.html

Now, he might be a part of the Tampa Bay bullpen.

"He's hardly A ball ready," Knapp said. "Some games he didn't have a breaking ball. Sometimes he has a curveball."

The Rays think otherwise. Some in the organization project him as a potential closer.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll...060735/-1/INDEX

Archived