Ultimate Roster Project (PC,Xbox,PS2)

llcmac

well for the PS2, right now as far as I know you can't use photos. Someone has to be able to hack the files needed and I dont think it has been done yet. Sorry, photos are completely seperate from the roster files. The rosters just tell where to look for the photos.

I'm speaking of the portraits. Have you done all that you can do for

them?

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just an observation but after checking out the 3.3 PC rosters, seems like some salaries are way off (e.g. Clemens, Santana). however, looking at the patch 1 rosters, the salaries seem to be correct.

this might be of interest for those who are playing owner mode.

I'd come out and say "GAWD You're picky!" but yeah, I can see that people looking for THE sim experience in owner mode would want real salaries...So toy, I volley back to you--if you have a site that has the 2005 salaries for all major leaguers listed somewhere, I will gladly do my best to change the salaries. Its not hard, nor do I mind doing it--I've just felt thus far that creating players and accurate rosters was more crucial than making sure everyone's salaries are correct.

I see portraits is becoming a very hot topic and the focus of a few questions everyday...Some of the players we have created do NOT have photo IDs yet. In our next release, we are going to go over all players we have created and imported and number them according to Hory's numbering system. I was really just in such a rush to get these CAPs made (coupled with the fact most portraits arent out yet). So again, look for portrait ids to be pretty spotless come next update.

I see portraits is becoming a very hot topic and the focus of a few questions everyday...Some of the players we have created do NOT have photo IDs yet. In our next release, we are going to go over all players we have created and imported and number them according to Hory's numbering system. I was really just in such a rush to get these CAPs made (coupled with the fact most portraits arent out yet). So again, look for portrait ids to be pretty spotless come next update.
and I have no idea how that will affect the console conversions

linking to a photo not there could crash the game, I do not know I do not play MVP on a console

and I have no idea how that will affect the console conversions

linking to a photo not there could crash the game, I do not know I do not play MVP on a console

I hope not. No one else is making converted rosters strictly for the console. If it crashed due to Franco's picture not being there, wouldn't this cause future problems and ultimately, no more console rosters?

I hope not. No one else is making converted rosters strictly for the console. If it crashed due to Franco's picture not being there, wouldn't this cause future problems and ultimately, no more console rosters?

It shouldn't cause a problem. Francos problem was his face not being there. Face and portrait are two different things. The ID system should not cause a crash. If their portrait is not there it should just show the default portriat.

i am having trouble with the xbox save of this.. i put it on my memory card (action replay) and when i pull up rosters it is not there. then i copied it on to my harddrive and then when i go to load the rosters it wont allow me.

Ok here's something interesting---I went to install the Barry Bonds cyberface earlier---did anyone notice that there already was a face in 029? I checked the rosters, and no one on the majors or in free agents has that face, but it's there.

What I did was rename Bonds' files to 002 (since that spot was open). So if anyone downloads our roster set AND Bonds cyberface, then you may want to double check our roster in MVPEdit, because I may send a version with Bonds' face as 002 out to be uploaded.

great improvement from 3.2. thanks for including some of my suggestions. i won't be shy in throwing out others now. now other members can enjoy "pulling the string" with Lowry's circle change (which i just got done watching him do in today's outing on ESPN that i TIVO'd) or making batters fall out of the batter's box trying to touch Gagne's "vulcan grip" change (i actually saw JT Snow do this in person at dodger stadium trying to hit that pitch). thanks again, and i look forward to 3.4, more of holy's portraits, cyberfaces etc.

for toymenater (and llcmac-hypnoxXx):

i , like many other players, always use the fantasy draft to spice up my MVP play. plus its helps me to know other players. salary considerations are HUGE when deciding to pick a team (especially if you go thru the money earning motions and don't use the artmoney cheat). i, like llcmac-hypnoxXx, noticed that MVPedit salary converter is not perfect due to "shrinking" back down to last year's point system. i've put in a request on the MVPedit thread to look at this, but i understand this is NOT one of rglass's priorities.

on my rosters i have been updating my suggestions on this thread AND updating the salaries. as i've posted on other threads this can be done manually (with no conversion errors) by opening up attrib.dat file in excel (or something) and changing:

player attribute #40= # of years in contract

player attribute #41 formula = (#+1)*$100K = annual salary amount

they are few enough changes that it's not that difficult

i offer this site as the most comprehesive for length of years LEFT (not earned so far) and $

i got this from another post SOMEWHERE and give credit to this unknown post for this invaluable site.

http://www.mlb4u.com/teampages.html

toymenator: don't just look at the usual suspects (clemens, santana). there are others with huge differences in current contracts (r. king, e. gagne, etc.), who have signed "reward" contracts and are not free agent signings

good luck

thanks to AF3141, samjjones for work on org's. i'll pitch in with the giants when they break camp. ihave no idea who'll go where.

This is great stuff! :D

However, I do see some problems with the White Sox minors AAA.

Danny White is no longer with the White Sox - you have him in AAA

M. Jackson has retired

Vizcaino is in AAA, not the majors, where is is slated to be in the Pen

Feliz Diaz is slated for AAA according to the manager - he has a 7.35 era, and a 19 era in spring training.

Otherwise, great job.

Thanks

I dont know if you have put these players in the Mariners organazation yet becasue im not able to download the roster yet but can you add these players if you havent.

Rick Guttormson- Relief Pitcher

Born- 1/11/1977

Bats/Throws- R/R

Height- 6'2

Weight-180

Level- AA

Ryan Christianson- Catcher

Born- 4/21/1981

Bats/Throws- R/R

Height- 6'2

Weight- 210

Level- AAA

Aaron Rifkin- 1st Base

Born- 3/12/1979

Bats/Throws- L/L

Height- 6'3

Weight- 220

Level- AAA

Aaron Herr- 2nd Base

Born- 3/7/1981

Bats/throws- R/R

height- 6'0

weight- 220

level- AAA

i am having trouble with the xbox save of this.. i put it on my memory card (action replay) and when i pull up rosters it is not there. then i copied it on to my harddrive and then when i go to load the rosters it wont allow me.

sounds like a corrupt memory card, AR cards are famous for that

Archived