Playing again, but runners and fielders are diving

excremento

With some trial and error I am back in the batter's box and a Logitech joystick arrived yesterday to make it easier.

But, something ain't quite right with the controller set up. If a batter has a good hit that would be a double, he slides into first and stands there. They also dive into first on singles.

With fly balls to the outfield, the selected fielder will run a few steps and dive. Get back up...and dive. I've given up a dozen or more inside the park home runs with this glitch. I have seen other (older) questions about this on here, but none have answers. 

Also, I have not found how to extend a base runner's lead from a base. Nothing stands out in the controller config file, so any coaching is welcome. 

Thanks! 

It sounds like your right analog stick might be stuck. I have a Logitech as well, and the right stick is what controls leading off and diving. If it's stuck in an up position, everyone will dive, and you'll see all the runners take the maximum lead at all times.

If there's no issue with your right stick, turn the controller around. There's a switch in back of the controller, and if you flip that switch to the other setting, maybe that'll help. I did have to troubleshoot my Logitech before, and flipping that switch helped. I can't remember what exactly was going wrong beforehand, though. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks, BallFour. Maybe I should say Logitech "flight stick." It's the Extreme 3D Pro. I used one a long time ago as well and don't recall this issue. And, the base runners aren't taking any lead, so there seems to be some inconsistency. On your unit, if right stick controls leading off and diving, is it NOT the same way you locate a pitch? That knowledge could be useful as I try to troubleshoot this. 

The "POV" control is probably causing the problems but in Madden I'm not seeing any similar hiccups. 

Maybe I should send the stick back and get a Gamepad...

18 minutes ago, excremento said:

Maybe I should send the stick back and get a Gamepad...

Maybe you should. Have you considered that this particular Logitech pad is not supported by Mvp 2005 since this is a fourteen-year-old game?

No, because it worked fine before. I have a config file dated 2007 with the same joystick name and all was well then.

But, that's irrelevant now. To avoid frustration and trying to magically make it work, the Gamepad seems wise. And $20 cheaper. 

Thanks for nudging some common sense, Y4L. 

4 hours ago, excremento said:

No, because it worked fine before. I have a config file dated 2007 with the same joystick name and all was well then.

Doesn't that drive you crazy when something worked before and now it doesn't?

4 hours ago, excremento said:

But, that's irrelevant now. To avoid frustration and trying to magically make it work, the Gamepad seems wise. And $20 cheaper. 

Thanks for nudging some common sense, Y4L. 

You're welcome. I hope you don't have any further troubles. And check out the Total Classics season mods. They are a lot of fun.

6 hours ago, excremento said:

On your unit, if right stick controls leading off and diving, is it NOT the same way you locate a pitch? That knowledge could be useful as I try to troubleshoot this. 

No, pitch location and runner lead offs are on different analog sticks on my L310.

Archived