mvp 2005 won't start

roadranger

i've read all of the support topics regarding the game not starting and all of the windows 10 posts. but i still haven't got the game to work.  this game worked before and worked in windows 10, but i had some other problems so i uninstalled everything, now i can't get it to start.  i've uninstalled everything, re-installed the game (also tried installing in the c:\ directory) and applied the 5 patches before starting.  it installed fine, but wouldn't start with the cd inserted or clicking on the icon.  i then installed the mvp 15 mod to see if that would do it... it didn't.  i tried in all of the compatibility modes and that didn't work either  i don't get any error messages, it just won't start.  i've done the above steps 3 times with the same results.  i sure wish i could get this game to work again as i'm not that

thrilled with mlb2k12.  i've read that the problem could be that securitys on the cd's aren't recognized by ms and windows 10 and downloading a digital version of mvp 2005 would work because it doesn't have the SecuROM and other things that are on the discs.  could this be a solution?  i hate to purchase the game again, but if it works.....

Archived