Game crash after patch installed on Win 10

VanTheMan

So, I haven't played MLB 2k12 (pc dvd-version) in years because of the date issue.
Then today I read about your guys' great patch and downloaded it. Now I can't even get the game to start.
The screen will turn black for a split second but the game doesn't even load. Before I got at least to see the screen with Verlander.
I'm running it on Windows 10 and my monitor is on 3840x2160 resolution.

Can anyone help?

On 9/7/2019 at 3:09 PM, VanTheMan said:

So, I haven't played MLB 2k12 (pc dvd-version) in years because of the date issue.
Then today I read about your guys' great patch and downloaded it. Now I can't even get the game to start.
The screen will turn black for a split second but the game doesn't even load. Before I got at least to see the screen with Verlander.
I'm running it on Windows 10 and my monitor is on 3840x2160 resolution.

Can anyone help?

I don't know what your system specs are in order for me to help troubleshoot this with you.

Second, this isn't our patch. We didn't release this. 2K released that patch for the disc version of the game on their support page and we hosted it on our site so it never disappears.

there 4 possible answers i know of.

if your getting the title page velander or who ever your title page is and stays there without doing anything, then the patch for the cd isnt installed, that first reason your stuck.

2nd is the same reason, but the patch night be damaged for some reason. 

in both of thsese cases i'd first try install the patch again,

the third what happens to me is if the patching isn't installed it will black screen but i don't remember if that was before after the velander screen, but was deffantly after the audio started that goes with it. install the patch.

the fourth would be your video driver driver is bad, try reinstall of it if you can. 

the final thing i can think if just reinstall the game, then install the patch there might damaged file in there somewhere, once your gotten go toy setting for i believe it advance setting, and set it so the game is running in windows mode., it gets stuck again it wont force y to restart the system to be out of the game.  and save that a copy of that config file that contains the setting it, somewhere else or ther with totally different same so you have the at windows mode in case it happiness again, you put it back in and not be trapped if black screens or freezes where you cant get to the desktop again.

Okay, so shame on me. I just had to update the video driver. Thought it was up to date. 🙈
I still couldn't work out the problem with the patch, though. I manually set the time to 9/9/2012 and it worked fine but it did not without the date change.
I installed the patch multiple times. I have no clue what I do wrong.

Thx everybody for the help. The problem has resolved itself somehow. I guess the 312th time of installing the patch really made a difference. 😉

Archived