Back to MVP 05, 1st time using mods. Help appreciated.

Abelfei

Just re-purchased the game on PC, haven't played since 2006.  I have searched the sight and have an idea of what I should do, but not exactly sure.  What I want to do is this :

Play MVP 05

Use Current Rosters

Add any visual or performance mods

Pretty much play the game with current rosters at its max potential.  What steps shoul;d I take to do this.  I have NOT installed anything ever or yet on this computer.

Also :  Is there some sort of attribute database for legend players?  I wanna create a team of all my favorite legends using realistic stats from their prime.  Thanks a lot.

So after even more research on this site, I have been humbled.  See I am new to the Master race of PC's, always been consoles.  I just built my first custom CPU with help from a friend, with decent specs, and I just figured " hey MVP 05 will work."  Well I am an idiot (right Yankee4Life?).  Well as most of you know, Windows 10......well let's not even go there.  I guess I will have to try my work notebook with Windows 7 Professional.  At this point, I don't even care about mods, I just want to play the Vanilla game with no stuttering.  So backing up, I ask again :  If all I want to do is play MVP 05 Vanilla with no stuttering on Windows 7 Professional, what all should I do?

I'm thinking normal install, patches, and then possibly that 4GB patch that has been posted?  Is there anything else I would be missing?  Also, It appears I should still run in compatability mode, is this correct?  Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Abelfei said:

So after even more research on this site, I have been humbled.  See I am new to the Master race of PC's, always been consoles.  I just built my first custom CPU with help from a friend, with decent specs, and I just figured " hey MVP 05 will work."  Well I am an idiot (right Yankee4Life?). 

I did not call you an idiot and I have no idea why you would say that. I have not even responded in this thread until now.

As mentioned numerous times throughout the threads, other than a scant few who somehow can play with W10, yes W7 or XP is your best bet.  You can keep it "vanilla" and still do some minor modding (grass changer, updated logos).  MVP 15 is going to get you more globally up to date cyberface wise (the models.big file contains those), so you could actually install 2 versions of the game, take the models.big file from your MVP 15 install and copy to your "vanilla" install.  But like Jim said, you'll want to install all, if not most, cyberfaces made since that time.  Then follow the instructions to install the rosters.  

Your only other alternative is to change every custom cyberface in the rosters to something between 901-915.

3 hours ago, Gordo said:

As mentioned numerous times throughout the threads, other than a scant few who somehow can play with W10, yes W7 or XP is your best bet.  You can keep it "vanilla" and still do some minor modding (grass changer, updated logos).  MVP 15 is going to get you more globally up to date cyberface wise (the models.big file contains those), so you could actually install 2 versions of the game, take the models.big file from your MVP 15 install and copy to your "vanilla" install.  But like Jim said, you'll want to install all, if not most, cyberfaces made since that time.  Then follow the instructions to install the rosters.  

Your only other alternative is to change every custom cyberface in the rosters to something between 901-915.

Thanks Gordo, appreciate the help.  Here is my update :  Tried on Windows 7 pro, nothing worked, tried all fixes I could find on forum.  Went and robbed my old PC at my folk's house from 10 years ago with XP, installed vanilla and all 5 patches, bingo works great.  Gonna play for a bit, make sure I don't have rose colored glasses on with this game, then continue on with mods possibly.  Toying with idea of just doing the 15 TCM.  I appreciate the help on cyberfaces, but honestly guys....when you look at the cyberface list, it's not very clean in the regard that Im not sure which "main packs" I need.  My assumption would be that there would be a main 16,17,18 and 19 pack, which I think I found a couple but not all.  Ill check back after I play the game a little.

Everything going great, playing MVP 05 without mods, but my owner mode crashes every time I try to start a game.  After searching threads I can provide this info :

- My copy is physical and legitimate, I just purchased it on Ebay. (I also bought a PC and PS2 copy back in 2005.)

- Fresh install as of 2 days ago, used the all 5 patch download, no mods.

- I have attempted playing a game in all other modes, this works.

-  All my research shows that this is usually a no cd crack issue, which isn't the case for me.

- Disc 2 in the tray.

What am I missing?

Archived