Question about uniform switch for 1969 TC

Savoy Special

Hello All, 

First, let me say thank you to the remarkable work done over many years by the people on this forum..............After many years playing the game on the PS2 (I even created a 1980-2005 National League "Champions League" mod for the PS2 that I still play regularly with the '84 Cubs and '86 Mets), I recently purchased the original MVP Baseball 2005 PC version on Ebay, and have spent the last few weeks downloading many of the awesome TC seasons, uniforms, and stadiums on this site to my Dell PC tower. 

Here's my question......................I've elected to play TC 1969 first with the Chicago Cubs, and when I got on my first road trip I noticed that within the 1969 TC mod, the Cubs' road jersey is their 1964 version, with red surrounding the "CHICAGO" in bold blue lettering across the front. 

The 1969 Cubs actually wore a road jersey much more similar/identical to the 1971 TC mod jersey (Solid Blue CHICAGO, no red surrounding the blue on the gray road jersey front), and I was very much hoping there was a way I could switch out the 1964 jersey for the 1971 jersey.  

I have all the files (thanks to you!), and is there a simple way to switch them out? The 1969 Cubs home jersey is absolutely fine, as the Cubs wore a home jersey throughout the 1960s and early 1970s that changed very little. 

On the road jersey, I can see how this tiny, simple error was made, as the Cubs wore the gray jerseys with the red surrounding the CHICAGO throughout the early 1960s (absolutely correct on the 1961, 1964 and 1967 TC mods) up through 1968 (that year they also had an Illinois logo patch on the arm, as seen below). But in 1969, they began wearing the road jerseys that you see on TC 1971, without the red surrounding "CHICAGO." 

Once again, I wanted to thank everyone here for their incredible hard work, which I can can appreciate from the months spent on the NL Champions League PS2 mod, and I hope this message isn't taken as criticism. I'm a die-hard old-school Cubs fan and I just happened to notice that the 1969 TC jersey wasn't exactly right. Any help switching that road jersey to the 1971 TC mod version would be greatly appreciated! 

1968.png

1969.png

Savoy Special, please disregard what I said about downloading that particular uniform. If Dennis James made a uniform you can be assured that it will look wonderful in your game. Download that uniform and then still use the TiT program to install it.

Thank you Dennis for correcting this huge error that I made. I wrote this around 6 am this morning. 😬

8 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Savoy Special, please disregard what I said about downloading that particular uniform. If Dennis James made a uniform you can be assured that it will look wonderful in your game. Download that uniform and then still use the TiT program to install it.

Thank you Dennis for correcting this huge error that I made. I wrote this around 6 am this morning. 😬

No worries at all Y4L.  I actually had to double check myself to see if I made that particular Cubs uniform period/year correct myself. It was quite a while ago when I did these but fortunately they were done right.  

Archived