Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Lugnut Duck

Can't get directx 9 to run.......help!!

Running windows 7 on a laptop but even after installing directx 9 dxdiag still shows directx 11 is running so mvp will not start.  Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Lugnut Duck said:

Running windows 7 on a laptop but even after installing directx 9 dxdiag still shows directx 11 is running so mvp will not start.  Any ideas?

Check the pinned threads in support

I've heard of others having this same issue and not being able to find a solution.

19 hours ago, Lugnut Duck said:

We would be able to assist you better if you listed your laptop's specs. In most cases you would have to make sure that your drivers are up to date on your laptop.

Also, the game will play on any version of DirectX above 9 as long as your video card is a DirectX 9 capable card or higher (mostly every piece of video hardware released from 2006 onward is DX9+ capable). DirectX 11 came with Windows 7 so there's no actual need to install Dx9.

16 hours ago, Lugnut Duck said:

Here's my laptop specs

DxDiag.txt 17.78 kB · 0 downloads

Ok, I reinstalled windows 7 no updates and still get the directx9 hardware acceleration error message.

Brother you are missing the display drivers on your laptop (It's an HP G62, so the card is an AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4250).

Install the ones you need here (I found the make and model)

25 minutes ago, Lugnut Duck said:

OMG IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH, VERY APPRECIATED.

That's awesome news man.