Strange situation in the game, please help me

GeorgeStark80

Good afternoon, i'm a baseball fan from Rome (Italy), sorry for my terrible english.

First at all thank you very much to all modders for marvellous works.

I have some questions about gameplay controls and strange situations in the game:

1- Which keys on the keyboard for moving my hitters position in the batter's box?

2- When my pitcher is in mound and i have to choose which type of pitch use (1,2,3,4 or 6) beside appear PICK 5 that it's not a pitch type, what is?

3- Often my runner after a hit runs over first base to second even if it's impossible to reach second base, so he is eliminate, why he doesn't stop on the first?

4- Often i have second base loaded by a runner and another runner that after hit a ball runs on first base and than in direction of second, the man on second don't run towards third base but stay on second, so outfielder defenders grab the ball and pitch on third base and eliminate first man on second base but not the hitters came after. It is a very strange artificial intelligenze bug or i'm doing something wrong?

Thank you very much

Stay safe and God bless you all.

I have a generic cheap gamepad but it doesn't work, i planned to buy a better one soon.

No i didn't download it, my game is a backup from originals double cd that i buy in a shop (that imported many games poorly popular in italy) i bought nhl 2005 too that time.

4 hours ago, Gordo said:

No worries..... he loves asking that.  I think Y4L is secretly doing his own 2020 census:

___ -  I did buy the CDs for MVP 2005

___ -  I downloaded the game

I don’t think it matters anymore, the game’s been out of business for at least... a century 🤣

3 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Regardless of the "audit", I think he would benefit from a PDF version of the PC manual to get a better understanding of the game :)

MVP_Baseball_2005_-_Manual_-_PC.pdf 1.99 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you very much, I will study the manual very carefully. Many years ago I had learned quite well the rules of baseball, today much less.

23 minutes ago, GeorgeStark80 said:

I don’t think it matters anymore, the game’s been out of business for at least... a century 🤣

Actually it DOES matter.  One of the rules of this website is that we do not provide support for illegally downloaded versions of any games.

39 minutes ago, GeorgeStark80 said:

Thank you very much, I will study the manual very carefully. Many years ago I had learned quite well the rules of baseball, today much less.

It's a big deal to us who maintain the site. Piracy is a big deal where the site is based out of (USA).

I mean, I'm not going to get hung up about this though, if you run into technical issues with the game and it's a downloaded copy, we can't exactly troubleshoot your issue.

47 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Actually it DOES matter.  One of the rules of this website is that we do not provide support for illegally downloaded versions of any games.

Yeah, i know... i was just joking... don’t worry, i totally understand your policy, it’s obvious that piracy is a big problem and it's illegal, and that you have to discourage the practice here.

However studying the manual i have already understood many things about controls, even playing with the keyboard, as far as the technical problems does not exists, the game works very well, I think the errors my players sometimes make are due to the fact that I set fielding mode to automatic, and that I play on rookie level, so i think even for my players it’s normal to make banal mistakes.

I will continue to use your beautiful mods, especially the total classic ones, my favourite legend players are babe ruth, mickey mantle, willie mays and of course "italians" joe dimaggio and yogi berra.

Thank you very much.

Archived