Unable to install MVP Baseball 2003 on Windows 8.1

neallei2013

Unable to Install MVP Baseball 2003 on Windows 8.1. Keeps getting this error: "This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it" The game is my own physical copy from the EA Sports Collection. I am able to run GTA V (physical copy) and other games

5 minutes ago, Gordo said:

Not to much going on around here for 2003.  Maybe run it in compatibility mode.

I can't even try to install the game, That error is the first thing that pops up when I click the CD icon in the my computer folder

1 hour ago, neallei2013 said:

I can't even try to install the game, That error is the first thing that pops up when I click the CD icon in the my computer folder

Is it a clean disk? Even then, I'm not even sure if 8.1 is supported at all.

19 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Is it a clean disk? Even then, I'm not even sure if 8.1 is supported at all.

It's pretty much a clean disk, wasn't able to find anything that says 8.1 supports/runs 03. All I'm seeing 05 supported but 05 is pretty expensive on Amazon ($174) right now. MLB 2k10 (which I brought and currently on it's way) is $57 (new), $17-23 (used). Hopefully that'll work

31 minutes ago, neallei2013 said:

It's pretty much a clean disk, wasn't able to find anything that says 8.1 supports/runs 03. All I'm seeing 05 supported but 05 is pretty expensive on Amazon ($174) right now. MLB 2k10 (which I brought and currently on it's way) is $57 (new), $17-23 (used). Hopefully that'll work

Mvp '05 has a hard time on Windows 10 and I have heard that it can be difficult on version 8.

49 minutes ago, Gordo said:

Was as low as $43 dollars on ebay earlier in the month.  Keep checking there.

meh I have 2k10 on the way, so I'm just going with that until 2k12 gets restock (if ever) on amazon or when MLB the show comes out on pc next year

3 minutes ago, neallei2013 said:

meh I have 2k10 on the way, so I'm just going with that until 2k12 gets restock (if ever) on amazon or when MLB the show comes out on pc next year

There is always a copy of 2k12 on Amazon or eBay. I see them a lot. If there isn't one now then check back weekly.

12 hours ago, neallei2013 said:

Well, then, you answered / solved your own question.

17 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Either send it back or buy a Wii.

I was thinking about going to my local gamestop and trading/selling it. the person/retail who sent it doesn't want to hassle with getting it back, he also refunded my money back. 

13 minutes ago, neallei2013 said:

I was thinking about going to my local gamestop and trading/selling it. the person/retail who sent it doesn't want to hassle with getting it back, he also refunded my money back. 

I would complain to Amazon directly because they can help you get your money back and then when you get your refund go and leave a terrible review for the seller and detail what he did to you.

34 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

I would complain to Amazon directly because they can help you get your money back and then when you get your refund go and leave a terrible review for the seller and detail what he did to you.

Already have my money back, Now I'm concern if any of the MLB2k10 are actually pc copies and not a decoy like I just had

19 minutes ago, neallei2013 said:

Already have my money back, Now I'm concern if any of the MLB2k10 are actually pc copies and not a decoy like I just had

Yeah, good question.  Maybe if you buy it again send the seller a e-mail telling him to be sure that you get the PC version.

And remember two things if you buy 2k10. First 2k12 has more mods to download and secondly mods for 2k10 are not being made anymore.

Archived