new pitching trouble

john

20 minutes ago, john said:

Ive used the 2k15 mod, now what are the controls for pitching, once I select fast ball, then the pitcher doesn't pitch. no controls for sub menu pitching, could someone assist me.

OK, just walking through your problem here:

So once you select Fastball, the pitcher won't throw? (This screenshot is before I select my pitch and I'm trying to aim where to throw it):

EOKQG2E.png

This may be because you have your pitcher configuration set to "Total Control" which uses the analog stick to pitch and hit rather than "Classic" instead which uses the face buttons (ABXY) to pitch/hit. No worries, this can be changed. Go into "Options", select "My Controller", then go into "Control Setup":, 

c4Q82NM.pngcifuvJ1.pngyIrzy0h.png

You're going to see the screen with the button configurations. Let's hit L3 on your left analog stick to get into the control options. You'll see this screen:

Bm9NoM7.png

What you want to change is the Pitching - Control Type to Classic instead of Total Control.

Let me know if that fixes it.

Hey KC, on my game, Pitching Control and Batters Control is not a option. That screen above looks totally different than mine.  I have batter's eye, pitch aim, auto fielding and auto baserunning.  I'm using a X-Box 1 controller for Win 10, not a 360. Don't know if that makes a difference. Wish I could shoot you a screenshot, but I don't know how on 2K12.

Admin, thank you for your timely response I appreciate it, btw I'm using keyboard controls, is there a way to use that new feature, like the sub menu. the first pic above didn't have those arrows inside. I'm not sure if it is called total control. that's where I'm stuck. once I select that fast or 2 seam for eg. it shows 2 seam with arrows pointing inside. but I cant pitch. I hope you understood it. the right side portion of the pic has it.

pitch.jpg

1 hour ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Hey KC, on my game, Pitching Control and Batters Control is not a option. That screen above looks totally different than mine.  I have batter's eye, pitch aim, auto fielding and auto baserunning.  I'm using a X-Box 1 controller for Win 10, not a 360. Don't know if that makes a difference. Wish I could shoot you a screenshot, but I don't know how on 2K12.

I have an XBOX ONE controller as well. The game just recognizes it as an X360 controller because the XBOX One wasn't released until much later.

When you get to the screen with the button config (this one):

kXC19en.png

You need to press L3 (which is the left analog stick) to get into this screen:

afPQHYr.png

It's just really bad UI design and they could have just combined the control options into it, honestly.

51 minutes ago, john said:

Admin, thank you for your timely response I appreciate it, btw I'm using keyboard controls, is there a way to use that new feature, like the sub menu. the first pic above didn't have those arrows inside. I'm not sure if it is called total control. that's where I'm stuck. once I select that fast or 2 seam for eg. it shows 2 seam with arrows pointing inside. but I cant pitch. I hope you understood it. the right side portion of the pic has it.

pitch.jpg

When you get to the keyboard layout option, you should be able to get to the sub menu (that gives you the options for control types for pitching and batting) with the 4 key on the keyboard.

That is odd though as keyboard controls for pitching are locked to Classic. Maybe your configuration would need to be reset to default (by going back to the keyboard layout options and pressing 3 on the keyboard).

1 hour ago, Kccitystar said:

I have an XBOX ONE controller as well. The game just recognizes it as an X360 controller because the XBOX One wasn't released until much later.

When you get to the screen with the button config (this one):

kXC19en.png

You need to press L3 (which is the left analog stick) to get into this screen:

afPQHYr.png

It's just really bad UI design and they could have just combined the control options into it, honestly.

When you get to the keyboard layout option, you should be able to get to the sub menu (that gives you the options for control types for pitching and batting) with the 4 key on the keyboard.

That is odd though as keyboard controls for pitching are locked to Classic. Maybe your configuration would need to be reset to default (by going back to the keyboard layout options and pressing 3 on the keyboard).

dear admin, lets say I have a controller, what button do I need to press to pitch after selecting the pitch type. fast or 2 seam in the sub menu. May be I could map a key in setup. just like I mapped for pitch type selection. I searched for the control option on the internet, I couldn't find it anywhere.

another issue is the screen logo and menu screen still says 2k12 after I installed the  2k15 mod. do I need to place the file some other place.

2 hours ago, john said:

dear admin, lets say I have a controller, what button do I need to press to pitch after selecting the pitch type. fast or 2 seam in the sub menu. May be I could map a key in setup. just like I mapped for pitch type selection. I searched for the control option on the internet, I couldn't find it anywhere.

another issue is the screen logo and menu screen still says 2k12 after I installed the  2k15 mod. do I need to place the file some other place.

OK, so I'm confused.

"Classic" mode will throw whatever pitch is selected. There is no second step to that type of control that you would need to do anything after that.

So if you wanted to throw a two seam fastball with X (I'm on a controller so this might not make sense), you would select that pitch and hold the key that was for that pitch until it fills out the "meter" (the circle that expands during the windup) and the pitcher will throw that pitch in the direction you placed it before you threw it.

"Total Control" mode on the other hand is the only control mode that has two phases. You select a pitch, and then you perform the gesture to throw that pitch.

If you are playing this game on a keyboard, this mode is disabled by default within the game and cannot be used.

To answer your second question, the 2K15 mod requires 2K12 to play, so all files go in the main directory that 2K12 is installed, since it's replacing all of the necessary game files it needs in order to work.

16 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

OK, so I'm confused.

"Classic" mode will throw whatever pitch is selected. There is no second step to that type of control that you would need to do anything after that.

So if you wanted to throw a two seam fastball with X (I'm on a controller so this might not make sense), you would select that pitch and hold the key that was for that pitch until it fills out the "meter" (the circle that expands during the windup) and the pitcher will throw that pitch in the direction you placed it before you threw it.

"Total Control" mode on the other hand is the only control mode that has two phases. You select a pitch, and then you perform the gesture to throw that pitch.

If you are playing this game on a keyboard, this mode is disabled by default within the game and cannot be used.

To answer your second question, the 2K15 mod requires 2K12 to play, so all files go in the main directory that 2K12 is installed, since it's replacing all of the necessary game files it needs in order to work.

Dear admin,

Yes, it appears so,  I dont see that classic or total control option at all under control options. but what button do you use to pitch while in the second phase using the controller. 

Guru, could you share a pic of that control mapping for that second phase from your device.

So I'll give it a try with the virtual controller PP joy.

I have placed all the mod files in main directory, but it still shows 2k12 in main and menu screen.

Thank you for the support.

• 1 month later...

Dear admin,

I'm using an XBox 360 game pad controller, but I don't get the "Pitching - Control Type" option in my options.  Is that because of a program glitch, or maybe something wrong with MY disc?  Because I have never seen that option available before.  Or is there somewhere else I would find it?

Archived