Terminator korea's Bonds cyberface

NikL11

I was using stock EA rosters - rambully is using Kerm's

I have a question about this - my problems with getting errors on mvpedit notwithstanding. I was using stock rosters and couldn't get the Bonds portrait to show up. Then I download xxx's rosters and magically, it's there. Now, when I opened up the database stuff in mvpedit, Bonds' name was still at Jon Dowd, even though it had been changed on xxx's roster. I then added the Bonds cyberface to Jon Dowd and it did show up in mvpedit. I am assuming that it will work once I can export the info. My question is why are the rosters back to stock when I open mvpedit and will this effect any portraits, or in this case, the Bonds face I want to put in? Thanks!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll try that, but I'm pretty sure I didn't load up the mbe file when I tried it and I went straight to the database folder again, b/c I was having problems with getting an export error (I thought that starting from the folder again would cure it, to no avail). But I'll make sure I delete the mbe file first and then try it again. If that doesn't work I will be at a loss.

I think the creator wasn't too specific on adding this face.

First you have to use MVPedit and change his face # from blank to 029. Save export.

Now using BIGGUI open your models.big (default: C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datamodels.big)

Now under the EDIT tab select import ( import all three files in the modders BOND folder )

Once you've imported them, find those files inside bigGUI, and press Edit -> Compress All 3 files with c029 must be compressed by selecting the EDIT tab

when you've dont that. It should show in your game.

I did it in reverse, meaning I used bigGUI first and added the Bonds files, then went to mvpedit to change the face number, and when I did that the bonds face did show up. Now i just have to get mvpedit to export the data, which I've been having problems doing.

So eko718 U got it to work?

Yeah. It looks real good ingame. All I did was the BigGui stuff and then changes the face to 29 in MVPEdit. I don't think the rosters have much to do with it, whereas the cyberface refers to the models.big file no matter what roster is selected. So as long as the face is set to 029, it should be fine.

yes i did install it succesfully. i have to give thanks to my bro bigbully, because even though i've been a member here almost since the site started, i never had used mvpedit. now it's like- wow, this is a pretty cool program.

anyways, YES install via big gui first then change the face and portrait numbers inside mvpedit, THEN export the mbe file back into the game, it should work like a charm. and yes i am using kerms rosters. now i need to go back and install the portraits for the other non MLBPA players.

the reason the install can't be as simple as berkman or rivera's is because those 2 are IN the game already. barry's not, and he's not hidden like last year ( they were probably finishing up w/ the game last year before he announced he wouldn't be in the MLBPA). so he could've assigned the face to jon dowds generic face BUT that would've changed every white guy with that generic face to a white guy w/ barry's head. it looks like he used 029 to overwrite sasaki? ( i can never remember his name, reliever played w/ seattle for a while) i'm assuming he's not in the game this year or he's a free agent.

I got this to work but only for Stock roster, my save file and Dynasty does show the face or pic.

With Y2K's faces they show up in all, I pmed him and he is thinking of helping us out with making it install they way he does it and I like this way better as it shows up in all roster and dynasty too.

Maybe we can start a thread Called Turning to Y2K and have more people ask him for this or just more people PM him.

Is there a way I can make the Bonds face become 1 of the selection faces in edit and create a player in the game because this would also allow us to put his face into other rosters and Dynasty too, I would either use face 12 or the Jowd one to change to Bonds.

yes i did install it succesfully. i have to give thanks to my bro bigbully, because even though i've been a member here almost since the site started, i never had used mvpedit. now it's like- wow, this is a pretty cool program.

anyways, YES install via big gui first then change the face and portrait numbers inside mvpedit, THEN export the mbe file back into the game, it should work like a charm. and yes i am using kerms rosters.

I followed those steps to a t and my game crashed whenever Bonds appeared. My game worked fine until I set the face to 029. So it was definitely the face. Everything was compressed and all. The face even shows up in EA Graphic editor. I'm using llcmac and HypnoxXx's Roster by the way, but that couldn't have been the problem. Barry is becoming a headache...

LOL headache...i'm not sure why the game would be crashing on you. is the face showing up in mvp edit when you go to appearance? i don't think it would be a roster problem, but you may give it a shot.

I followed those steps to a t and my game crashed whenever Bonds appeared. My game worked fine until I set the face to 029. So it was definitely the face. Everything was compressed and all. The face even shows up in EA Graphic editor. I'm using llcmac and HypnoxXx's Roster by the way, but that couldn't have been the problem. Barry is becoming a headache...

I bet it is the roster

I bet its not :wink:

I guess I can't say this for sure, because I dove even further into the Bonds face mess and noticed---Bonds' face, if installed as is, will install over a face. There already is a face 029. No worries though, I'm 99 % positive no one uses the old face 029 because A) I checked and B) it didn't have the teeth/mouth added like all the new 2005 faces do. Anyways, I still changed all the files from 029 to 002 and installed them and it works just fine--and with our rosters. Right, I know what you're thinking--well our last update, version 3.3 had Bonds' face as 029 anyway. However, when downloading any future versions of our rosters, you may want to double check to make sure I switched it back to 029 for everyone.

I bet its not :wink:

I guess I can't say this for sure, because I dove even further into the Bonds face mess and noticed---Bonds' face, if installed as is, will install over a face. There already is a face 029. No worries though, I'm 99 % positive no one uses the old face 029 because A) I checked and B) it didn't have the teeth/mouth added like all the new 2005 faces do. Anyways, I still changed all the files from 029 to 002 and installed them and it works just fine--and with our rosters. Right, I know what you're thinking--well our last update, version 3.3 had Bonds' face as 029 anyway. However, when downloading any future versions of our rosters, you may want to double check to make sure I switched it back to 029 for everyone.

Hey did you get bonds to work with a a different face as you said, 002 is the a stanard fake face to pick in the edit option in the game ?

I hopwe it's not your roster I'm just getting over 1 fustration and now with a new, figuring how to get Bonds in already save files and Dynasty.

Bonds used to be face # 002 (if you open up the models.big, you can see that there is no longer any 002 fsh files)...So I figured, why not rename them to 002. And now it works just fine. I didn't try it with 029 first or anything though, so I don't know if I would have had install problems had I installed as-is.

Also you say you're trying to get Bonds into a saved dynasty? As far as I know, this isn't possible. When editing players inside the game, you can't give them a particular face--you only have the generic faces. Now if you started your dynasty and Bonds' face ID was already 029, you'll be fine...However, if it was a generic black face (like 914), then you're stuck. Because the only way to edit face #'s is through MVPEdit, and MVPEdit cannot edit saved dynasties or owner mode games.

Bonds used to be face # 002 (if you open up the models.big, you can see that there is no longer any 002 fsh files)...So I figured, why not rename them to 002. And now it works just fine. I didn't try it with 029 first or anything though, so I don't know if I would have had install problems had I installed as-is.

Also you say you're trying to get Bonds into a saved dynasty? As far as I know, this isn't possible. When editing players inside the game, you can't give them a particular face--you only have the generic faces. Now if you started your dynasty and Bonds' face ID was already 029, you'll be fine...However, if it was a generic black face (like 914), then you're stuck. Because the only way to edit face #'s is through MVPEdit, and MVPEdit cannot edit saved dynasties or owner mode games.

I finally got it to work by renaming the files to 002. Thanks for the idea.

a little off topic- but i have found one glitch in this. when u import barry's picture into the game it replaces a lot of the guys w/ blank photo slots. i was playing a game against the cards and diaz came to the plate and he had barry's photo then i looked at seattle mngr hargrove and he had his photo too. i'm assuming that whichever of the non MLBPA photos you imported first will replace the blank ones. in my case it was bonds, but if you had imported say millar first the empty slots would contain his pic.

are you sure? I had the smae problem, for me I had to compress the Bonds one in nfshtool for some odd reason. Open mdels.big in BigGUI and go down to 029.fsh, look on the right and see if it says compressed or not. All of the others it compressed like it was supposed too exept for Bonds for some reason :? I know the nfshtool route can be a pain

TribeTime26's Non-MLBPA Portrait Pack v1.0

Here is my Non-MLBPA Portrait Pack for 2005

For this pack, you can choose between portatis with hat or without hat

Instuctions:

1. Select the folder you want and extract the contents to your main MVP 2005 folder

2. Run the installer file

OR

1. Make a new folder

2. Extract all of the .fsh files into the folder

3. Open EA Graphics Editor

4. Open Portraits.big from you data/frontend folder

5. Once you have opened portraits.big, Go to the Import Wizard and do the one about TAR files

6. Go to add and select all of the .fsh files

7. Hit enter and then hit next

8. Relax until it says finished

9. Open MVP Edit

10. Change the Photo ID's of the players that have the stars on them on this list

11. save and the photos should all work exept if the player isn't on your roster ( then you'll have a hard time finding him in MVP Edit)

here is a list of who this updates and there photo ID's

2005 Non-MLBPA Player Portrait ID List

DID THAT!

facelist

----------------

1.Barry Bonds 029

Kazuhiro Sasaki (029) -----> barry bonds 029

----------------

Installation

----------------

1. Extract this .rar file into a specific folder in your hard drive.

2. Open bigGUI.exe

3. Open your models.big (default: C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datamodels.big)

4. Edit -> Import ; highlight and import all the files inside the player you want to install

5. Once you've imported them, find those files inside bigGUI, and press Edit -> Compress

6. Guess what? You're DONE!

WARNING: Do NOT use EAGE to import/export these files

by terminatorkorea

DID THAT!

What I end up with is a BONDS photo and

a distorted CYBERFACE! What have I done wrong?

PLEASE HELP ME!

are you sure? I had the smae problem, for me I had to compress the Bonds one in nfshtool for some odd reason. Open mdels.big in BigGUI and go down to 029.fsh, look on the right and see if it says compressed or not. All of the others it compressed like it was supposed too exept for Bonds for some reason :? I know the nfshtool route can be a pain

My Bonds compressed just fine, however his Cyberface is jacked-up!

Must be the roids catching up with him?L.O.L.

Please help!

i did it and i have a simple explanation.

First, do everything listed in the readme inlcuding the BigGui crap and the compressing.

THEN - go to your MVP05 data folder, open the database folder and open the "attrib" file using notepad. Then, go to Barry Bonds and next to the number 10, type in 029 so it looks like this - ",10 029,11 etc

Archived