Terminator korea's Bonds cyberface

NikL11

i did it and i have a simple explanation.

First, do everything listed in the readme inlcuding the BigGui crap and the compressing.

THEN - go to your MVP05 data folder, open the database folder and open the "attrib" file using notepad. Then, go to Barry Bonds and next to the number 10, type in 029 so it looks like this - ",10 029,11 etc

I did this bro, it still crashes to the desktop whenever the player shows up (at bat, trying to edit, etc)

*Edit*

Why on Earth did the creator of these cyberfaces choose such random numbers like 029? I'm pretty sure that 029 is a cyberface number for some Asian person in the game, because when I brought back my originally shipped version of models.big and kept the modified attrib.dat (with Bonds cyberface # at 10 set to 029), I saw a huge black guy with an Asian head.

Weird looking to say the least.

I think people need to agree on some sort of standards on cyberfaces much like they did with portraits before. Now we see almost all rosters being used with a standard set of portrait #'s so there's no mixing and matching going on.

The creator of these cyberface files might want to do a better job in the future of documenting the process of installing these because as it stands right now, it's way too complicated for most people.

As it stands now, if you are not using the default stock rosters shipped with the game, you can't do crap with the cyberfaces, because I can't touch my modified .dat files in MVPedit.

Is there any explanation as to why this won't work if I have done the following?

- Imported all the c029 files in bigGUI.

- Compressed these imported files in bigGUI

- changed the value at line 10 for the player in attrib.dat to the corresponding face number

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did it and i have a simple explanation.

First, do everything listed in the readme inlcuding the BigGui crap and the compressing.

THEN - go to your MVP05 data folder, open the database folder and open the "attrib" file using notepad. Then, go to Barry Bonds and next to the number 10, type in 029 so it looks like this - ",10 029,11 etc

I did what you said, however his mug is still F.U.B.A.R!

What do ya suggest next? By the way, my game doesn't crash

because of this, should it?

I did this bro, it still crashes to the desktop whenever the player shows up (at bat, trying to edit, etc)

*Edit*

Why on Earth did the creator of these cyberfaces choose such random numbers like 029? I'm pretty sure that 029 is a cyberface number for some Asian person in the game, because when I brought back my originally shipped version of models.big and kept the modified attrib.dat (with Bonds cyberface # at 10 set to 029), I saw a huge black guy with an Asian head.

Weird looking to say the least.

I think people need to agree on some sort of standards on cyberfaces much like they did with portraits before. Now we see almost all rosters being used with a standard set of portrait #'s so there's no mixing and matching going on.

The creator of these cyberface files might want to do a better job in the future of documenting the process of installing these because as it stands right now, it's way too complicated for most people.

As it stands now, if you are not using the default stock rosters shipped with the game, you can't do crap with the cyberfaces, because I can't touch my modified .dat files in MVPedit.

Is there any explanation as to why this won't work if I have done the following?

- Imported all the c029 files in bigGUI.

- Compressed these imported files in bigGUI

- changed the value at line 10 for the player in attrib.dat to the corresponding face number

There IS a list, so don't judge so fast. This face overwrites Kaz Sasaki, which obvoisly isn't needed anymore. Judging people before you know whats going on can make you sound like a dick :wink:

This is driving me crazy...

I'm able to import and compress Bonds' cyberface perfectly, but ONLY if I rename the files c002 and of couse, if I edit his profile with MVPEdit with this new number.

Now, Kevin Millar's cyberface works sometimes and others it loads but shows a 'missing texture' message in green/red... and the same happens with Adam LaRoche's.

After many, many unsuccessfull attempts, I've come to the conclusion that the problem lies within BigUI. There's to be something wrong with it, because even if you follow the instructions to the letter in every try, the resulting product will be different all the time.

I think the problem is related to BigUI not having finalized the compressing process when the user shuts the program down. If you give it some good 15-20 seconds after the 'success' message appears, once the compressing is done, before you close the program window, the chances of getting a working cyberface are really good. Also, ONLY attempt to import/compress one player cyberface at a time, otherwise, you're asking for problems.

EASPORTSGUY,

Did you edit Barry's info on MVPEdit?

Remember that not only do you have to change the files names, but in MVPEdit, you need to change the number assigned to his face in the roster you're using.

EASPORTSGUY,

Did you edit Barry's info on MVPEdit?

Remember that not only do you have to change the files names, but in MVPEdit, you need to change the number assigned to his face in the roster you're using.

Not the photo, right? It stays at 92, correct?

Where do I find the # assigned to his face on MVPEdit?

O'k I found it, changed it to 002.

Damn, I'm back to having a distorted face, what is going on?

The game functions just fine with the distorted face, however

I want the Cyberface like most everyone else has!

What should I do?

I ran into the crashing problem once I tried out llcmac's rosters, but it works now. I'd say make sure that in Big GUI the compressed file size of Barrys face 029 is consistent with the file sizes of the other faces. Compress them 1 file at at time if need be.

I had the distorted face problem as well. Then using MVP edit I change the part where it said 04face from no to yes.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I finally have Bonds w/ photo & face!

Thanks to everyone for all the help!

I almost forgot,

THANK YOU!

anyone having the same problems with the kevin millar and the bronson arroyo cyberfaces? :?

using MVP edit change the part where it said 04face from no to yes. I know it worked for me with kevin millar, haven't tried arroyo though.

I had the distorted face problem as well. Then using MVP edit I change the part where it said 04face from no to yes.

First off, my problem is that Bonds' face is actually off by 90 degrees. In other words, what should be the front of his face is actually the side of his face.

What should I do? Anyone have this problem?

Also, I tried to dl MVPedit 2005 by googling it, and the program won't open. Is it on this site as well?

Thanks.

Its on RGlass's website

That's where I got it from. The program won't run because it has a Tabctl32.ocx error of some sorts.

The only reason I'm trying to run it is because the cyberface for Bonds is totally messed up.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Thanks, now I have MVP edit working. And I think it showed me what my problem is, I just don't know how to fix it.

When I look at Bonds' animation only half of his face is laid out. In other words, instead of an entire face flattened out in the rectangle, I only have the right side of his face.

Any idea what is going on? Thanks

Thanks, now I have MVP edit working. And I think it showed me what my problem is, I just don't know how to fix it.

When I look at Bonds' animation only half of his face is laid out. In other words, instead of an entire face flattened out in the rectangle, I only have the right side of his face.

Any idea what is going on? Thanks

i have the same problem and i follow the readme on what to do for the cyberface.

can anyone show us how to fix it?

thanks

Archived